To 2019, I Take Nothing With Me From The Year Before

What is there really to be thankful for?

50

If I were to list off all my biggest regrets in life we'd be sitting here forever. Actually, if I were to just list off my regrets of 2018, we'd still be here for like a really, really long time. Cheers to that!

I was trying to figure out a way to turn my regrets into lessons and this is the best way I know how. One of my bigger goals for myself this year was to regret things less. I'd like to think I followed that well until I came to this point in the year and have a list of things I find myself regretting through the past 365 days.

So what more can I do besides share what I've done and hoped someone relates?

1. Procrastination.

I've finished my second year of college and entered into my third year and still haven't mastered the art of no procrastination. No matter how much I try to think I can handle my work well, nothing sits more uneasy than the ability that I procrastinate absolutely everything. However, my turn around with this is simply the fact that had I not procrastinated so much with certain things, there wouldn't be the result of others. Everything happens for a reason, aye?

2.

...

3.

...

4.

... At the end of the day, my list is as long as it is because that's just how it's supposed to be.

Without a doubt, there are plenty of things that I find myself regretting about the year. There are things I wish I had done, things I wish I hadn't done, but nothing I would ultimately change. By this point, it's obvious that I take things and run with things as they are. Everything happens for a reason! You best bet I believe that because I have that tattooed on my body forever!

As much as I try to live by the sickening saying of everything happens for a reason, I know the implications and consequences it can leave. I believe that as far as it's deemed to be true and that's what I believe.

I wouldn't regret a single thing that happened this past year, solely because I like where I've ended up now. Had something been changed, altered or different, I may not be living where I'm living right now, or be with who I'm with right now.

Looking back, my year of 2018 has been the most inconsistent and most up and down year I've ever lived. Unfortunately, it's felt like one of my hardest years; yet I still can't pinpoint an exact reason why except for the fact that it didn't feel good. And who exactly is to blame for that?

I don't actually know.

Above all, 2018 has been a year of growth and learning. I can say twenty times how much I didn't like these past 300 days, but that will never change any of what I've learned. I have to give myself credit for that!

2018 has given me nothing worth taking into the new year; except for everything I know not to do now.

My biggest regrets have turned into my biggest lessons and for that, I have to be absolutely thankful.