5 New Things Coming Along With The Redesign Of Epcot

Thank the Phoenicians.

29

1. World Discovery

Epcot is now being broken up into 4 main parts, World Discovery is the first we will talk about. World Discovery is all about science, technology, and space. This will includes rides such as the new addition, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, which is taking the spot of what used to be The Universe of Energy pavilion. More attractions include our beloved Mission: Space and a new space-themed restaurant Space 220, which is modeled to ride you 220 miles into space in an elevator, where you can dine among the stars.

2. World Celebration

Another section new to Epcot is World Celebration. This is located at the entrance, where my beloved Spaceship Earth will be, redesigned and reimagined. Although they say they are not completely altering the ride, they are rerecording narration and musical score. If you miss the old one, I have a Soundcloud link. I got you. World Celebration will also feature a gorgeous view of the World Showcase, along with a brand new statue of Walt Disney.

3. World Nature

Did someone say Moana? In World Nature, not only can you appreciate the beauty of our planet, but you can also play with magical water, just like in the movie, Moana. The water has a life of its own, and you can learn about the importance of the water cycle. This will also include The Land pavilion, which is said to showcase a new film, Awesome Planet, in January 2020.

4. The France Pavilion

Ok, this is definitely my favorite. Though the World Showcase is staying relatively as is, the France pavilion is receiving some fun attractions. There will be a new ride addition, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, which is a fun ride where you are "shrunk" to the size of a rat and race around Gusteau's restaurant. There will also be a Beauty & the Beast sing-along in the France pavilion, which totally has me geeking out.

The United Kingdom pavilion is also receiving some love! They are adding the very first Mary Poppins attraction. You will be able to delve into the magical world of Mary Poppins!

5. HarmonioUS

Though I am destroyed by the fact that they are retiring Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, I am very excited about the new firework show to come. It is titled HarmonioUS, and it's going to be the largest firework show to ever be created for a Disney park. The show's main purpose is to show you the power of music, especially Disney music (which I can attest to, I cry every time I hear "When You Wish Upon A Star"). It will showcase various Disney tunes interpreted through different cultures and will feature giant set pieces that float in the water, lights, pyrotechnics, choreographed water, etc.

To say I'm excited is an understatement. Epcot is finally going to get the recognition it deserves! Thankfully, they are managing to keep in mind the vision Walt Disney had for Epcot while updating it as time progresses. Though it will be a long wait to see the final redesigned Epcot, I think it will be worth the wait!