A New Philadelphia

A New Philadelphia

This is how Philly starts their year

1286
A New Philadelphia
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/25/6365250115206882181909444935_Philadelphia_LovePark-2.jpg

Jan.19 and 20th. was a monumental weekend for the city of Philadelphia, Pa. Saturday, the 20, Philly held their own women's march and on Sunday the 21, the Philadelphia Eagles advanced to the superbowl.

This was the second annual women's march for the city. The first one was held in 2017 after the inauguration of President Donald Trump. Women took to the streets protesting from sexual harassment to equal pay rights. A year later ( or some months) they are still protesting for the same thing.

The flock of women that fled to Philly was larger than last year. A rough 50,000 according to the Mayor Jim Kenney. The women's march came just at a height of sexual harassment problems.

This country just had it’s annual Golden Globes Award where all celebrities in attendance supported the Me Too movement by wearing black. The Me Too Movement is to raise awareness for all the silent women and public women who have ever been assaulted/harassed by a man. With so much allegations coming out the movement was perfect timing.

As much women we have in Stem on the rise and in other “made for men” fields, women still aren't getting the respect they need. Women want their voice to be heard and honored when it comes to pregnancy leave,their reproductive rights, and how they are treated by their male counter parts in the workroom. Women have been in the workforce roughly 100 years and they are still fighting for equal pay. Philly is starting the year off right, with this women's march.

While the women had their revenge on Saturday, this city of brotherly love became united as one all over when the Eagles won the National Football Conference.

Fans swarmed many streets downtown once the score against the Minnesota Vikings was released, 7-38.The Philadelphia Eagles has taken on the term “ underdog” and the city couldn’t be prouder.

The Eagles are the only team in the their division never to win a Superbowl ring. Feb. 4, 2018 will be the long awaited 13 year re-match between the Eagles and New England Patriots.

New England Patriots have won five super bowls and made ten appearance overall. They’ve been to the superbowl more than any other team. They are the only football team for the the New England region, this includes:Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. So maybe they want a win for each state.

The Eagles fan aren't worried about a thing though! This is the year for the “underdogs”. Weather that be for women or Philly sports teams. The Eagles have been flying high all season long and their last game showed that they “hit ‘em low” no matter what. Come Feb. 4, I think it’s safe to say the whole country is rooting for Philly, despite where their loyalties may lye.