New Year, New Blessings

New Year, New Blessings

God deeply blessed me in 2019, and I can’t wait to see Him do even more in 2020!

1
Fireworks at JSU.
Personal Photo

As I mentioned previously, God did so much for me in the last decade, especially the last two years, blessing me with a wonderful girlfriend, a college experience, ministries that invest in the lives of college students, and two youth groups to help with that I love and appreciate more and more daily.

While it's always nice to look back and see where you care from, you also have to look at the present and see how God's blessing you now and will continue to bless you in the future. We see God's blessings daily. Just waking up is a blessing in itself.

This year, I've committed myself to a motto from one of my favorite songs by Passion, Follow You Anywhere. My goal for the year is to follow Him where He leads me, whatever the cost. I know He will provide in that.

I firmly believe I was called by God to come to JSU. I believe without coming to JSU, my faith would not be as strong as it is now. Without coming to JSU, I wouldn't have met a girl who spurs me in my faith and encourages me to grow and grows alongside me.

I felt one of the biggest blessings the Sunday prior to coming back to JSU for the new semester. I asked for my home church, Pine Mountain Community Church, to pray over the Baptist Campus Ministry this semester. They prayed over that, as well as laid hands on me as I help and be a part of the leadership team. It was such a humbling and beautiful experience to feel God's power. It was an absolute blessing.

I've seen God provide so many times for me, and He continues to do so. I have been so blessed with two wonderful church families and two wonderful pastors who seek to invest in the lives of young people. I honestly believe I wouldn't have the college experience I've had if I hadn't listened to God's calling to come to JSU after finishing at Snead State Community College, instead of UAB like I had originally planned. Through this experience, God has taught me His plans are far better than any we could ever make for ourselves.

There have been trials that have tested my faith, and I rejoice in those. I rejoice in the fact that my faith has been made stronger through those trials. When I know I can't provide for the semester on my own, He comes through and shows me once again to put my full trust in Him.

That being said, my goal for 2020 is to trust in Him. Trust in the fact that He is going to provide. Trust Him to keep me safe as I go where He leads me. Trust in Him to show me where He needs me so I can be an effective servant for Him. God has shown me time and time again not to be anxious because He is always going to come through.

I pray that all who read this choose to put their faith in Christ in 2020!