netflix thrillers to watch

Thank You Netflix For Being My Boyfriend During These HOT Summer Months And Releasing These 7 Thrilling series

Turn off your Rom-Com movies and tune into these nail-biting thrillers.

36

It's winter. You're curled up with your boo thing on the couch watching sappy movies on your "because you watched The Notebook" tab on your Netflix account. It's 27 degrees out, and you're falling for your bae faster than the snow outside, wondering how you could go a day without them.

But as the days have continued, you realize it's inevitable. You've watched all the Rom-Coms you possibly can and you're ready for something more realistic, just like your reality check when your winter boo broke your heart. Yes, now it's 102 degrees outside and you can't really tell if its sweat dripping down your face, or your tears.

If this sounds like you, welcome to the club. So, here's my HUGE shout-out to Netflix for getting me through this sticky summer with these series I can totally fall for.

1. "Riverdale"

http://images.cwtv.com/images/shows/og-image/riverdale.png

Never will you ever look at high school or small towns the same. This series brings everything you could possibly want in a TV show. Romance, action and even a special musical episode make this a must-see series. You will be drooling over the male man-candy leads, Archie and Jughead. Riverdale can be found on Netflix, with a new season reportedly starting in September.

2. "Scream"

Starting with the first episode, Scream will have you hiding behind your covers. Another murder mystery set in high school will have you on your toes all 22 episodes. Fall in love with each character, but don't get attached. Nobody's safe from this town's killer. Check it out on Netflix, but be sure to lock your doors first!

3. "Vampire Diaries"

Instagram/@vampire.diaries

Vampire Diaries is a truly iconic cast and series. It will quickly strap you in and take you on an emotional roller-coaster during its 8 seasons on Netflix. Characters introduced in this movie will take you to another series, just a entertaining as Vampire Diaries...

4. "The Originals"

Couldn't get enough of Vampire Diaries? Be sure to check out The Originals on Netflix next. This series takes place in the heart of New Orleans, starring the original family of vampires, witches and an unexpected tie to werewolves. Romance, action and thrill all take part in making this a must see spin off of Vampire Diaries.

5. "Bates Motel"

Bates motel is an absolute creepy, yet super satisfying show on Netflix. With 50 episodes, Bates Motel will star Norman and Norma, a mother-son-duo. After his father's tragic "accident" the two move to an old motel and encounter anything but normal occurrences for such a quiet and small town. You will never know what is real, who is good and what's coming next in Bate's motel. (Side note: it starts off slow, but gets much better, you won't want to stop watching!)

6. "Gossip Girl"

Even though your boycotting the rom-coms, you can still indulge Gossip Girl. Check out Gossip Girl to get your one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite. So, who is Gossip Girl? That's a secret I'll never tell. xoxo Gossip Girl

7. "How to Get Away With Murder"

Instagram/@violadavis

ABC's How to Get Away With Murder will test your inner attorney and drive your inner detective crazy! This show starts Annalise Keating plus five of her law students. The risks they take and lies they hide will leave you wanting more. So, what are you waiting for? Check it out now on Netflix!!