7 Netflix Shows You Should Be Binge Watching

Like you really need another show in your life

11

Netflix. What all of us college students find our time doing instead of, well, studying, or anything else productive. We hide out in our rooms from society with all of the lights off and unlimited snacks in our bed, so that the only movement we have to do is press “YES” every three episodes when Netflix asks us if “we’re still watching,” when the answer is oh-so obvious. Because, I mean, what else would we possibly be doing at 3 pm on a Tuesday? Here’s a list of Netflix shows that will not only consume your social life and studies, but also your heart.

1. "Grey's Anatomy"

Oh, "Grey’s Anatomy." You’re the only show that can make people laugh, cry, depressed, and overcome with happiness all in 42 minutes. Not only is this show packed with enough drama to make you forget about your own (and by drama, I mean that midterm you have tomorrow that’s worth half your grade and you haven’t even cracked the book yet), but it’s full of yummy male doctors who set your expectations for men way too high. McDreamy, McSteamy, McJerkButStillHot, and McAbsOfSteel. What more could you want?

Photo via Pinterest

2. "Orange is the New Black"

"Orange is the New Black" is all the craze these days. This Netflix original is everything and more. Love affairs, confused sexuality, prison best-friendships, and power-hungry lady criminals. Every June, when a new season gets added to Netflix, people sit consecutively for 13 hours being all consumed in Piper’s new romantic involvement (um, hello, Ruby Rose) or who is going to be the most sane that season. But can we just go back to Ruby Rose for a second?

3. "Friends"

I would be lying if I said I didn’t cry during every "Friends" episode. Most of those tears were from laughing so hard, but nonetheless, tears in all 236 episodes. And during the series finale, the ugly cry became a thing. This show will be there for you (hehe pun intended) when your professor doesn’t give you the grade on your term paper that you think you deserved, or during your recent break up with fast-food and all things carbs. "Friends" is undoubtedly the best show to be televised. EVER. You could watch the series repeatedly and “PIVOT,” “Seven” and “Regina Falange” will never not be funny.

Photo via Pinterest

4. "Parenthood"

"Parenthood." The only show that reminds you that your family is a lot less messed up than you think. The only show that reminds you that your mom is a lot less embarrassing than you think. The only show that reminds you that life and situations are not always going to be as perfect as you think. Families are super screwed up, but they’re also the greatest blessings. Parenthood tugs at the heartstrings and forces you to feel vulnerable. It also just makes you want to apologize to your mom for being such a brat growing up because, let's face it, we all were – sorry Mom….

5. "Friday Night Lights"

Coach Taylor. Tim Riggins. Jason Street. Yum, yum. For all of you who think the movie is better than the television series, you are seriously mistaken. And you’ve probably never seen Tim Riggins doing push-ups shirtless on the football field. Or Lyla Garrity in her cheerleading uniform, for all you boys out there. This show is perfect for all those who are nostalgic about the good ole days, and how Texas high school football will forever be the best part about those tedious four years. Or it’s just the perfect show for girls who just like watching some sweaty, shirtless men.

Photo via Tumblr

6. "Prison Break"

Let's be honest. Any show that has several attractive men as the focal point is doing something right. "Prison Break" is about, well, the obvious: men breaking out of prison. Sounds blah, right? Negative. It’s all about those broody, rugged men trying to do the impossible. And of course, you have to add a love interest in the mix. Can you say drama-rama? This show is definitely addictive. That type of addictive where you lay in bed for five days watching all four seasons. (Guilty *raised hand emoji*)

7. "New Girl"

What happens when you mix Zooey Deschanel, four men, and a loft? "New Girl." This hilariously-written show will give you the warm fuzzies as Jess, the main character, would say. It’s all about life and love and what it’s like to live with annoying roommates, but annoying roommates who bake you a cake when you finally have a date after getting over a bad break-up. Now that’s the ideal combination. New Girl is your go-to for any girl’s night, crappy day, or a Wednesday night that you should probably be out with friends for but picked up Thai takeout and have Netflix on instead.

Photo via Pinterest

Netflix. Can’t live with it and most of us would not survive can’t live without it.