Netflix’s 'Alexa & Katie' May Be a Show For Kids, But It’s A Good Watch For Everyone

There's no shame in binging a kid's show this good.

172
Alexa & Katie Facebook Page

It’s hard to find kid’s shows nowadays that are actually good. I’m constantly reminiscing with younger kids about the good ole days where TV shows were actually worth watching. However, I think Netflix finally did it.

I accidentally stumbled upon the show “Alexa & Katie”, a new Netflix original show, while babysitting and it immediately caught my attention.

The story dives into the lives of two best friends just entering high school, but when Alexa is diagnosed with leukemia the girls realized that their lives are about to change.

The show highlights pivotal moments in the young girl’s lives while also including the challenges that come with cancer. While the show could be considered a drama, it still includes lots of humor and kooky families that help make the show feel more realistic.

We didn’t know it, but I think that kids needed a show like this.

One that demonstrates the real struggles of a teen who is also simultaneously fighting off a deadly disease.

The bond between Alexa and Kate is something that all young girls should strive for. They are always supporting each other and making sure that they are always open with one another. Katie is by Alexa’s side the entire time and always proves to be a loyal best friend through her cancer treatments and high school.

While most people tend to be saddened by the thought of a young teen being diagnosed with cancer, this series gives you a different perspective on what’s typically seen as a sob story.

The girls laugh, cry, fight and navigate their way through high school, all while Alexa is battling cancer. This show appeals to both an older and younger audience by healing tragedy with humor and love.