You must watch these 5 Netflix foreign language shows

5 Foreign Netflix Shows You Must Binge

Just because something is not in English does not mean that it's bad.

31
5 Foreign Netflix Shows You Must Binge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwhAdrdwp0

In the past, I have seen many people refuse to watch a show simply because it was in a different language. I find this mindset harmful and limiting as people refuse to leave their comfort zone to explore new cultures. Netflix has changed the media sphere by producing numerous foreign shows which offer a fun and interesting way to delve into a new culture. As someone who can binge watch a show in a day, I thought I'd offer some recommendations of foreign shows which I found particularly enjoyable.

Dark

Facebook

This German show is sure to capture your mind within the first episode. The hit Netflix show deals with time and reality in a way I've never seen done before. The only way I can describe it is as a foreign, darker version of Stranger Things. Dark is sure to mess with your perspective and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite shows.

Girl From Nowhere

Facebook

Originating in Thailand, Girl From Nowhere is the type of show that will make you question your humanity. The show broadcasts the darkest levels of the human psyche in a way that grabs your attention right off the bat. I finished the first season in a day and I'm really hoping Netflix will give in and make another season. While the show is definitely dark and requires caution when watching, it's very intriguing.

Elite

Facebook

Elite is a Spanish show that is sure to keep viewers captivated as it forces those who watch to question each character on the show as the murder mystery unfolds. I would describe this show as a Spanish version of Gossip Girl sans Kristen Bell and with a lot more intrigue. The show has LGBT+ representation and discusses a lot of important current issues making it a great watch.

Baby

Facebook

A short and easy watch, Baby is an Italian show based off a true story. The show focuses on two girls who find themselves unwittingly involved in a prostitution ring. While most of the plot is not focused on the actual ring, Baby has an undeniable draw to watchers and was definitely fun to watch.

Reply 1997

Facebook

If there was ever a show to watch to start your journey into the world of Korean dramas, Reply 1997 would most definitely be it. Light hearted and weirdly dramatic at times, Reply 1997 is such a lovable show. I often go back to rewatch episodes as it's simply so addicting. The show is a coming of age story surrounding a group of friends in Korea and overall I just really love this show.