The Lost Art Of Making Out

The Lost Art Of Making Out

Netflix and... Make Out?

49
The Lost Art Of Making Out
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/02/28/6359227221158085751198229374_url-18.png

“Netflix and chill,” a verbiage that has been used for way too long and should have been left in 2015. It has spread like the plague, and although it may not kill people physically, people are dropping like flies emotionally.

Where did we go wrong? How did something that everyone used as an innocent outlet to ignore homework or just to binge watch their favorite shows become morphed into this sexual phenomenon?

I’ll never forget being invited over to (for the sake of embarrassment, I’ll call him Mark) Mark’s apartment to “watch scary movies” since they’re my personal form of crack. I was innocently watching The Conjuring and just as the film hit the climax I felt a hand cupping my breast attempting to slide into my shirt. Apparently the climax in the film wasn’t the only one on the agenda for the night.

E X C U S E ME?

I’m not kidding when I say I looked around for cameras and Ashton Kutcher because I was convinced I had to of been on an episode of Punked.

I remember looking at him and saying, “I’m sorry, can I help you with something?” And quickly made an excuse to leave where I could go home and finish watching my movie in peace.

What I really want to know is what ever happened to the art of just having a hot make out sesh and then calling it good? Leaving mystery and anticipation for what could come in the future? Seriously, does anyone remember when just making out was the hottest thing ever? Or that hot feeling of just doing “everything but”? It’s about time we remaster the art of just messing around, of course without the teenage awkwardness.

People our age have this mindset for some reason that the definition of getting to know someone or “talking” to someone means texting nonstop every day, Snapchatting them nonstop or feeling obligated to do physical things whenever you’re with that person because that’s what you’re “supposed” to do with someone you like, right? We live in a generation where technology has completely taken over and has overshadowed everything previous generations had set in-stone for the ways dating is SUPPOSED to be.

Since when is showing someone you care about them defined just by sleeping with them? Feelings aren’t defined by sexual actions, that’s the biggest mistake I think young people our age make. Going “all the way” the first night you meet someone.. what does one expect to come from that? All the hot mystery is gone, but yet people are surprised when it doesn’t work out or that they don’t get a text back. You mean the person you boned on the first night isn’t as awesome as you thought during the 20 minute conversation you had at that bar? Heartbreaking.

Let’s be honest here: Why would it? Boning is the climax (pun-intended) of a relationship. If you take it all the way the first night, or even extremely early on, what is left to look forward to?

Call me traditional, corny, a prude, I don’t care. My name is Kelsie Patrick and I believe in the lost art of making out. THANK YOU!