N.C. State Fair

Everything To Look Forward To At The N.C. State Fair

The State Fair is my favorite time of year!

19

It's finally October which means the fair has officially come to North Carolina! This is one of the most anticipated events of the year and over a million people gather during the week and a half it is open to enjoy all the attractions. While people may enjoy different things about the fair, here are some things you may not want to miss out on!

1. Eating deep fried everything and not feeling guilty at all about it

2. Going on the giant ferris wheel where you can see the whole fair from the top

3. Attending pig races

4. Stopping by the folk festival

5. Visiting the antique tractor display

6. Having a turkey leg

7. Watching the game where the fair workers have to try to guess people's age and weight

8. Going on a ride you have never been on before

9 Getting your face painted because why not

10. Playing games that seem impossible to win but are still fun to try

11. Walking through the animal exhibit

12. Practicing your shooting skills at the gun pellet range

13. Watching others scream on scary rides while you are safely on the ground

14. Seeing the fireworks display at night

15. Shopping around for products from local vendors

16. Tasting N.C. craft beer and wine at Heritage Circle

17. Going on roller coasters

18. Seeing huge pumpkins that farmers have grown in the Expo Center

19. Taking a treat to go such as an apple from Miss Debbie's Specialty Apples

20. Looking at the laser show located near the pond

21. Trying new food items like cheerwine funnel cakes or Krispy Kreme doughnuts with hot sauce on top

22. Listening to music from artists like RaeLynn who will be performing this year

23. Going to the candy shop that takes you back to your childhood

24. Watching the horse show at the Hunt Horse Complex

25. Letting go and having fun because you deserve it

The ten days that N.C. State Fair is in town is filled with great food, games, rides, exhibits, and fun for everyone. Make sure to stop by the fair that only comes once a year so you don't miss out on a great day spent with friends and family!