31 National Holidays In October

This Isn't a Trick — There's A Lot Of Treats To Celebrate In October

There's more than just Halloween and candy to October.

43

When we think of October, we think about things like candy corn, pumpkins, fun-sized chocolate bars (or full-sized if you go to the rich people houses) and, of course, Halloween. What if I told you each of these things had their own special day dedicated to their celebration? Here is a list of some of the national days coming up this month!

October 1: National Homemade Cookies Day

Made with love <3

October 2: National Name Your Car Day

upload.wikimedia.org

Mine is Joan Jetta. Who is yous?

October 3: Boyfriend Day

c1.staticflickr.com

I can actually celebrate this year

October 4: National Taco Day

Let's TACO 'bout that

October 5: National Do Something Nice Day

You should be doing something nice every day of the week!

October 6: National Noodle Day

Can I get a(n) rAMEN?

October 7: National Inner Beauty Day

upload.wikimedia.org

What's on the inside is what really counts :)

October 8: National Pierogi Day

upload.wikimedia.org

I'm always shocked when people don't know about these doughy potato pockets of deliciousness. If you are one of those ignorant people, now is the time to expose yourself to this magic creation!

October 9: National Leif Erikson Day

Hinga dinga durgen!

October 10: National Cake Decorating Day

I like to think I could be on Cake Boss, but every time I try to decorate a cake I realized that is an unrealistic belief

October 11: National Sausage Pizza Day

Another day, another pizza!

October 12: National Gumbo Day

Oh, wait... it''s GUMBO? I thought you said WUMBO!

October 13: National No Bra Day

National No Bra day is literally every day for me as soon as I walk in the door after classes are done

October 14: National Dessert Day

National Dessert Day is also every day for me, too

October 15: National Cheese Curd Day

c1.staticflickr.com

*insert barf noise here*

October 16: National Dictionary Day

c1.staticflickr.com

Time to learn some new words!

October 17: National Pasta Day

I'm feeling pasta night!

October 18: National Chocolate Cupcake Day

c1.staticflickr.com

Now the real question here is vanilla or chocolate frosting??? (it makes a big difference)

October 19: National Seafood Bisque Day

c2.staticflickr.com

*insert another barf noise here*

October 20: National Youth Confidence Day

Being confident is an important factor in being successful, so let's teach them young!

October 21: National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day

c1.staticflickr.com

I prefer my pumpkin cheesecake in ice cream form

October 22: National Nut Day

Which nut?

October 23: National Boston Cream Pie Day

upload.wikimedia.org

I've never actually had a Boston cream pie, but the donuts are delicious!

October 24: National Food Day

Did I ever tell you guys that I just really love food?

October 25: National Greasy Foods Day

Gimme all da fries

October 26: National Pumpkin Day

Pumpkins are basically the symbol of October, so they better have their own national day!

October 27: National American Beer Day

Let's have a party!

October 28: National Chocolate Day

c1.staticflickr.com

This makes the fact that I have already eaten all of the candy I bought for the trick-or-treaters before Halloween acceptable, right?

October 29: National Oatmeal Day / National Cat Day

These are two of my favorite things... wow, I really am a grandma...

October 30: National Candy Corn Day

upload.wikimedia.org

Fun fact: candy corn is voted the worst Halloween candy every year

October 31: HALLOWEEN / National Doorbell Day

Doorbells get the most use on Halloween, which makes it appropriate to celebrate National Doorbell Day on October 31!