National Days In August

August is a month full of celebration (I mean, it is my birthday month...)

BUT there are also tons of national days to celebrate too!!! Here's a list of my favorites!

August 1st: National Girlfriends Day

IT'S GIRL'S NIGHT!!!

August 2nd: National Coloring Book Day

c1.staticflickr.com

Who doesn't love to color a nice picture?

August 3rd: National Grab Some Nuts Day

I hope this means almonds and walnuts, not the other ones....

August 4th: National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day

2.bp.blogspot.com

Every cookie needs it's own national day, so this one is for chocolate chip!

August 5th: National Underwear Day

Underwear is a very important garment that deserves a day for gratitude

August 6th: National Wiggle Your Toes Day

Make those little piggies dance!

August 7th: National Raspberries N' Cream Day

One of my favorite flavors!

August 8th: National Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbor's Porch Day

I'm not sure why this is a thing but I'm going to do it

August 9th: National Book Lover's Day / National Rice Pudding Day

upload.wikimedia.org

I love a good rice pudding as much as I love a good book, so why not combine the two?

August 10th: National S'mores Day

c1.staticflickr.com

This year the 10th falls on a Friday... hopefully the weather is nice because Fridays are great nights to have bonfires!!

August 11th: National Presidential Joke Day

c1.staticflickr.com

Isn't our government system just one big joke on its own already?

August 12th: National Vinyl Record Day

Time to pull out the turn table and some of my favorite LPs!

August 13th: National Filet-Mignon Day

c1.staticflickr.com

GAINZ

August 14th: MY BIRTHDAY / National Creamsicle Day

My birthday is the more important one, here

August 15th: National Relaxation Day

Yeah, I'm going need a day to relax after celebrating my 21st birthday...

August 16th: National Roller Coaster Day / National Tell a Joke Day

Roller coasters and jokes - two fun things to celebrate in one day!

August 17th: National Thrift Shop Day

I'm gonna' pop some tags

August 18th: National Fijita Day

c1.staticflickr.com

I'm feeling a fajita night - with Margaritas, too, of course!

August 19th: National Soft Ice Cream Day

Accurate GIF of me at the soft serve machine in the dining hall

August 20th: National Radio Day

Does anyone even listen to the radio anymore?

August 21st: National Senior Citizens Day

Some old people are crotchety but most of them are pretty cool if you take the time to talk with them!

August 22nd: National Tooth Fairy Day

True story: my dad ruined the whole tooth fairy thing after I lost my first tooth trying to tangle his Nascar shirt in my ceiling fan and tell me that the tooth fairy was a Jimmy Johnson fan

August 23rd: National Sponge Cake Day

c1.staticflickr.com

I'll celebrate with a Twinkie (or two or three)

August 24th: National Waffle Day

TEAM WAFFLE ALL THE WAY

August 25th: National Banana Split Day

c1.staticflickr.com

I'm a fan of all things ice cream so I support this

August 26th: National Dog Day

upload.wikimedia.org

I'm more of a cat person myself but dogs can be kind of cool too

August 27th: National Just Because Day

You don't need a reason to do anything - do it "just because"

August 28th: National Bow Tie Day

upload.wikimedia.org

I love bow ties

August 29th: National Chop Suey Day

c1.staticflickr.com

I honestly don't even know what chop suey is but it looks pretty good to me!

August 30th: National Toasted Marshmallow Day

I like my marshmallows burnt to a crisp

August 31st: National Trail Mix Day

c1.staticflickr.com

Don't be the prick that only eats the M&Ms... the raisins are good, too!