One Year At The Best Creating Platform

One Year At The Best Creating Platform

The past year of creating for Odyssey has been more than I ever expected.

9
https://www.seekpng.com/ipng/u2e6a9e6r5r5y3r5_icon-odyssey-online-logo/
SeekPNG

It has been a year since I started to write for Odyssey and I have no intention of stopping.

Odyssey has given me more than I ever expected. My Rowan University "Dream Team" who creates kick-ass articles weekly is always so supportive of each other. Reading my fellow creators' articles and hearing about their ideas in our group message inspires me.

Within the past year, I have written about anything and everything. From fitness to travel, fashion, mental health, you name it! Odyssey has given me an outlet to spill my word vomit onto a page.

The overload of creativity spills onto the page weekly, and I plan on continuing as long as I can. I truly value the time I spend brainstorming article ideas and sitting down to write.

One thing I love about Odyssey is the fair game amongst writers. It's not a competitive platform. We aren't against each other to see who can get more views. We are doing it solely to publish our thoughts.

We want to be heard. I want to be heard about the things I am passionate about in life. If I find value in them, I want others to find value in them.

I have learned so much about myself over the course of this year. Reading the perspective of others makes me open my eyes wider. That is when I improve the most.

My mental health has improved because I have designated time to find my thoughts and put together a published article weekly.

Grammatically speaking, I have learned many tricks and tips within the publishing industry. I have found myself using some of the tips and tricks in academic work as well!

When I first began creating, I was super nervous that this was a competition between your own team. I learned quickly that we are just here to support each other and to be heard.

It's relieving to know that I have somewhere to share my clogged mind every single week. It brightens up my week. Letting my thoughts out and reflecting on myself have allowed me to make kick-ass articles that I am very proud of.

In the future, I would like to create more and work my way up the ladder at Odyssey. I would love to visit their headquarters in New York City. I would also like to work as Editor-In-Chief or President for Rowan University if the spot becomes available.

If you are thinking about joining Odyssey, my advice to you: do it! You have nothing to lose! Put your all into it and watch yourself thrive mentally and academically.