My Top 5 Favorite Dinosaurs Of All Time

My Top 5 Favorite Dinosaurs Of All Time

Yes, I'm a girl who LOVES dinosaurs. Fight me.

719
thedinosaursofearth.blogspot.com

What? A girl who loves dinosaurs? Blasphemy! Fake news! Wrong!

Yeah… no, it isn’t.

Dinosaurs were my favorite things to learn about, watch, and think about all while I was growing up. I’ve learned way more than the average person would know about dinosaurs, from herbivores to carnivores. It even made me consider becoming a paleontologist as my future career.

Now, even though I have chosen other career paths, I still have my love of dinosaurs and can still beat someone at a game of knowledge about them. I even kept a few favorites within my brain that I would like to share with you all.

Here are my top five favorite dinosaurs.

1. Velociraptor

I know! It’s everyone’s favorite dinosaur, but wanna know why I love them? They’re the perfect hunter. They’re small enough and fast enough to be able to catch almost any kind of prey they want. Their claws are super sharp and they could jump onto prey and use this claw to kill or wound their food. They’re like the cats of the dinosaur world, so of course, they’re my number one.

2. Tyrannosaurus Rex

These guys are classics, man, and I can’t help but add them to my favorites list because of this. They used to be my favorite as a kid just because of how enormous and monstrous these things were. They OWNED the Cretaceous Period and every single dinosaur walking the Earth with them. They have little arms but hold a big place in my heart.

3. Ichthyosaurus

Not many people know about this bad boy, but they definitely should! Ichthyosaurus’ are water-dwelling dinosaurs that kind of remind me of a mix between a dolphin and a swordfish because of their looks. But, other than this, they are aggressive little monsters and I love them.

4. Allosaurus

These guys… Oh, these guys. So, basically, the reason they’re on this list is that years ago I watched a dino documentary about Allosaurus’. I learned that their claws are just as big as a banana and I also felt emotionally attached to the main Allosaurus in the film. So, they get a little bit of a sympathy vote in this list. Plus, they’re evil carnivores, so they already had me there.

5. Iguanodon

Okay, so truth be told… I think Iguanodons are cute little dinosaurs. They just wanna chill near the trees and eat those leaves together as a family. I really appreciate that in a dinosaur. Plus, they’re duck-billed dinosaurs, so they look kind of funny when they eat. Other than that, they are one of my favorite dinosaurs simply because they have a name like Iguanodon.

So those are five of my favorite dinosaurs. I could, of course, list more but I do not want to be too boring or too nerdy. I think everyone should learn more than just the usual facts about dinosaurs because it gives you such a broad perspective on life now and life in the past.

It’s helpful, too! You can make all of your friends jealous that you know more about these prehistoric creatures than they do.