My Last Semester And All The Things I'm Not Ready For

College, you've been awful but I love you forever.

12
amelia thomas

College has been the most trying season of my life thus far. From being far from family, to failing tests, to struggling to find my place, and everything in between college has taken me on a rollercoaster that I wasn't ready for. There's a lot coming in my future that college has prepared me for, but there's even more that I am not ready for.

1. Finding a job.

For some people, grad school is their next step but for the rest of us it's 30+ job applications in the most random places that we probably aren't qualified for. We're going to be interviewing, filling out more applications, and taking a leap that we aren't fully sure we're prepared for.

2. Moving

Moving home or moving further away, is there really an in between? It's weird and it's tough not fully knowing where we will end up.

3. Leaving

For some it may mean moving out of a house you've lived in for three years or saying goodbye to an organization that has shaped your college career. Whatever it is, leaving is just hard. We are leaving people, and more importantly a place that has taken us in and loved us and molded us.