To My Friend, You Are My Inspiration

To My Friend, You Are My Inspiration

To my friend, Harley.

42
To My Friend, You Are My Inspiration

This whole article is about the be the cheesiest, most cliché thing you have ever had the displeasure to accidentally stumble upon...so buckle up kiddo.

Harley. We met sometime during my high school career in a math class. I would be more specific but honestly, I don't remember half the things that happened at that school. Which is weird because it's only been a year. (Let's be honest, I never cared what happened there in the first place).

I didn't think we would be friends. You seemingly already had a best friend and I often felt like the random third wheel that was never really invited. It was weird. But you know me, I'm determined. I remember specifically, though, you supported me when some kid was sitting at the front of the class and told me that JROTC wasn't considered a sport because we didn't do anything. You and I both knew that was a lie. There's a reason you take JROTC in place of P.E. or weight-training.

Ever since then I decided you had no choice. We were friends. So I would follow your social media, talk to you and make stupid jokes during class. I was a strange kid, my apologies.

From where I still now I realize that I have a lot of big goals in life, and you're partly the reason. You are an absolutely beautiful and talented woman that I could only dream of being. You are in the process of publishing a book. You write amazing articles on this very website, you got accepted and scholarships to seven schools. You had your pick at life. But I also know you're sad, depressed, anxious sometimes. You always work through it and show the world your colors and I never thought I could be proud of someone the same age as me, but you are doing everything you want and you are doing so well.

Your first article (click it, I dare you) was so amazing, I wanted to do the same. I watched your articles be posted and always sent them to my family and friends because your words are worth reading. They are powerful, unique, and always have a message.

I love you, please don't ever lose faith in yourself. If you do, I have plenty to spread around.

You are going to be more successful than you've ever dreamed. People who doubted you are going to be second-guessing their every decision from now on. You are going to show the world exactly who you are and I can't wait to see how your colors shine.