I Had COVID-19 At Penn State University And Here's What It Was Like

How I have dealt with COVID over the past week.

22
Photo from CDC.gov

One week ago, I started to have symptoms of COVID-19 and then on Thursday I tested positive for COVID. That day I was moved in isolation and I have been here ever since. I am not going to lie, but it sucks. Having COVID, but also not being allowed to go outside.

Not going outside has been killer. On a normal day, I go on walks and work out. Not having the motivation to workout has been terrible. Today I actually worked out for the first time because I am finally feeling better and feeling 110% again.

The first day I had a killer headache because it wouldn't stop even when I was sleeping. The headache was the worst part, but after that it was the constant tiredness. I have never been that tired for so many days in a row. This week has been the most sleep I have ever gotten because all I did was nap and do work and sleep some more. Another effect that I faced was a very stuffy nose and an occasional cough. These were all common symptoms of COVID provided by the CDC, but mine were very low grade.

I can't imagine what it is like with a bad case of COVID. I am so lucky that mine wasn't bad because I don't know what would have happened or what I would have done.

Luckily I have caught up on Criminal Minds and Empire (my two favorite shows). I have also caught up on news and sleep. Being able to do this things is amazing. Being in college, I never thought I would be able to catch up on sleep and what is happening in the news.

So even though having corona sucks, I am glad I got it out of the way. Now I am the person people want to be around because it is very hard to get it again after you contracted it once and have the antibodies. So I am glad that I had COVID-19 when I did because I basically got it out of the way my freshman year.