90s Summer Throwback Playlist For Every Generation

Ready or not here I come...

51
Unsplash

Are you relaxing by the pool as you read this wondering what summer playlist you should listen to next? Maybe you're driving down to the beach and need help on what to play next. Here are my top 5 songs for a 90s throwback summer list.

Mariah Carey's Fantasy 1995

First on my playlist is Fantasy by Mariah Carey. If you want a feel-good song that you can sing and move to- here you go! I've always loved playing this song in my car with the windows down on a nice summer day.

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana 1991

The music scene of the early 90s was grunge, and who lead this movement? Nirvana. This is one where you can turn up the volume and "rock out". Whether I am cleaning my house or driving to the beach, everyone needs a little bit of Nirvana in their lives.

Summertime - Dj Jazzy and The Fresh Prince 1991

This was one of the biggest hits of summer 91. This is a song that is a guilty pleasure for every generation to get down to. How else would you have celebrated summers in the 90s without this song?

Doo Wop (That Thing)  - Lauryn Hill 1998

Lauryn Hill was the it girl of the 90s. Any time this song comes on you can't help but sing along. This may not be an appropriate song for young children (honestly when I first heard it as a kid, I had no idea what it meant) but it's certainly a hit!

Ready or Not by The Fugees - 1996

Last but not least we have another great song from the 90s, which also happens to feature Lauryn Hill. Ready or Not has always been one of my all-time favorites because it's a song that anyone can vibe to!