My 2018 New Year Resolutions

My 2018 New Year Resolutions

A look into my goals of 2018

119
My 2018 New Year Resolutions
Hope Ann Flores

Every year I usually write down a few things that I want to change or improve upon in the next year. Sometimes the new year can bring both happiness and sadness. It can bring new beginnings and uncertainty as well. The most important thing is to remember is that through this next year we have the opportunity to start becoming better versions of ourselves. Take time and write down your goals of 2018!

1. Taking Time to Reflect

I usually write in a journal every chance I get. This last year I didn’t write as much as I should of. This year I hope to write more and to share my feelings through writing them out on a weekly basis. I also keep movie ticket stubs, letters, postcards, drawings, and event wristbands in my journal to keep to remember what I did in that year,

2. Volunteer More

Last year in my art class one of our assignments was to create clay bowls to auction off for charity. One of the best feelings in the world in my opinion is that feeling after you help others. I hope to be able to willingly volunteer more to help people in need.

3. Disconnect

So many times I find myself playing on my phone or scrolling through social media when I’m bored. I hope in 2018 I can utilize my time more by reading, writing, and finding new hobbies to put my time in.

4. Get healthy

I swear this makes my list every single year. I go through different times where I eat really well and then binge on pizza and of course jalapeño Cheetos. I hope this year I can focus on eating a little more healthy but of course balance my cravings as well.

5. Get fit

Another thing that always makes my list! For the end of 2017 I was pretty good at walking to every single one of my classes. I realized how good working out and getting active is for the body and mind. Finding different activities, workouts, hikes, and classes can motivate me to keep being healthy.

6. School work first

This year I did pretty well in school but of course there is always room for improvement. Before anything I should focus on school work and other activities that will help me in the future.

7. Spread love

This goal is very broad but probably one of the most important goals on my list. There is much negativity in the world so if I can perform daily acts if kindness would help bring joy and positivity.