My 2016 Fantasy Football Top Five: Risk/Reward

Since everybody else is making this list, I figure I might as well join in on the fun.

3

The 2016 NFL season is right around the corner which means another year of fantasy football is upon us as well, and a google search about fantasy content yields countless hits of writers and analysts offering their opinions on preseason projections, draft strategies, and the like. Being the fantasy football buff that I am, I figured I'd add my two cents, picking a few commonly projective categories and selecting five players who I believe will fit into that category this season.

Of course, it's fantasy football, and nobody knows for certain what will happen. This is all speculation and for all we know, it could all be completely moot in a few weeks. Here are my top five risk/reward players:

1. Josh Gordon

It seems like forever ago since Gordon last played a down in the NFL. Although we haven't seen it for two years, his talent is undeniable and an unfortunate string of off-field transgressions have seriously jeopardized the future of his career. He is suspended the first four games of the 2016 NFL season, but if he can get his act together and return to form in Week 5, he could be a huge steal on draft day.

2. Tom Brady

He's one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play and you know darn well he's going to come back raring to go after finally serving his four game Deflategate suspension. He may be slowing down soon but last year showed no signs of that just yet.

3. Ladarius Green

He hasn't been cleared to practice yet because of his ankle, but there have been reports circulating that the issue is actually lingering effects from a series of concussions he suffered in a short period of time last season. There is a load of uncertainty with what's actually going on, but if you believe Green himself, who says he will be just fine, he could be a real steal. I believe he has major upside in Pittsburgh's offense, and at a very fantasy-thin tight end spot, that's something you have to consider.

4. Arian Foster

I can't remember the last time he played a full season, if ever, but he has real potential as the leader of Miami's backfield if he can somehow manage to stay healthy.

5. Broncos D/ST

They were so good last year and return almost everybody on defense this year, but I'm worried about that quarterback situation. It won't be easy for the defense if the offense can't get anything going. They're once again being pegged as the number one defense, but I think that's a risky proposition.