My 18 Resolutions In 2018

My 18 Resolutions In 2018

Talking less couldn't hurt me.

69
My 18 Resolutions In 2018

Within these first couple weeks of 2018, I have been pondering what changes I would like to make. Not all of these will be done 100% every single day, but I would like to try to fulfill these and really help myself.

1. Stress Less

Okay, so I am a person who will be stressed out at the drop of a dime. I was stressed out about the semester before the semester even started! This is one that I want to do, so I don't drive myself crazy and for my mental health.

2. Read More

Reading is something that I have always had a love for, but I have lost that over the years. This year could really be my opportunity to rekindle that love. I've already started on this one!

3. Cultivate My Friendships

During my first semester, I could feel myself closing off because I would become stressed out. This year, I really want to work to spend more time with my friends and truly be there with them.

4. Get Healthy

This is something I have been trying to do forever. In 2018, I am trying to eat healthier, exercise more often, and live with a clearer mind. Being healthy isn't all physical.

5. Live Loved

Recently, I have started reading the book Uninvited by the author, Lysa TerKeurst. In one of the chapters she talks of living loved. Do not live to try to become loved but understand God loves you even when you are not feeling worthy. I want to really practice this in my life because this is something I struggle with personally.

6. Get Sleep

I am really good at staying up very late, especially when I visit my friends at home. This year, I would like to get good, quality sleep.

7. Save Money

Although I have always saved money, this past semester I really spent a lot of it because I didn't have a job. I'm working on getting a job at school, spending less, and saving more.

8. Volunteer More

I'm so lucky to have all that I do, so I just want to share that with others.

9. Adopt A Pet

Okay, okay. So there's always the one resolution you simply can't keep. That's this one. I live on campus, my mom isn't a fan of animals, so she wouldn't keep it. There's simply no way I could ever accomplish this during 2018. But I must have hope!

10. Be More Self-Reliant

I caught myself relying on my friends and boyfriend to truly make me happy, but in reality, that is up to me! Happiness comes from within yourself. Expecting other people to keep you happy all of the time is only setting you up for disappointment and sadness.

11. Be In The Moment

I'm constantly checking my phone and playing on facebook, twitter, or snapchat. I want to be more present when I am with people and just spend less time on my phone and social media.

12. Confidence

I currently second guess myself; in 2018, I don't want to.

13. Stop Procrastinating

I don't know how many times I have to tell myself, but procrastinating helps absolutely no one except the bad grade waiting to show up.

14. Stop Overthinking

Overthinking kills my mood, and I do it so often. This year, I will stop.

15. Write More

Writing has always been a passion of mine, whether it's writing about a current event or my thoughts on how my day went. It's a huge stress reliever, and I will do it more this year.

16. Listen More

When fighting with someone (typically my boyfriend), I don't listen to his thoughts, feelings, or reasons. I just get angry and don't even try to understand. This year I want to listen to what he has to say more and just listen to everyone a little more. Talking less couldn't hurt me.

17. Drink More Water

This kind of ties back into the health resolution, but I want to drink less water.

18. Less Fast Food

Fast food is something of the devil, I swear! This year I will try very hard not to eat as much of it.