20 Must-See Movies Of 2018

20 Must-See Movies Of 2018

Expectations are high and patience is low.

882
20 Must-See Movies Of 2018
Keep It Nerdy

The new year means new movies. While everyone has different taste in movies and while there are a great number of movies to be released this year, there are a few that stand out as eagerly anticipated worldwide. Here are a few movies to look forward to this year.

1. "Black Panther" (February 16th)

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been looking forward to this movie since I found out it was being made. My excitement only increased after watching "Captain America: Civil War." As we saw in Civil War, T'Challa is now king of Wakanda, and "Black Panther" will focus on him taking on the role as king.

2. "Sherlock Gnomes" (March 23rd)

This is a sequel to "Gnomeo and Juliet," which was released in 2011. In this sequel, Gnomeo and Juliet work with Sherlock Gnomes to investigate mysterious disappearances of other garden ornaments. Let's hope it's good!

3. "Avengers: Infinity War" (May 4th)

This film will bring together so many characters of the Marvel universe and I could not be more excited! The fact that we have to wait four more months for this to come out is terrible, but the release of "Black Panther" in the meantime will help.

4. "Slender Man" (May 18th)

I do not do horror movies, but someone will enjoy this. Slender Man tells a story of a haunting figure responsible for haunting and disappearing countless children and teens.

5. "Untitled Deadpool Sequel" (June 1st)

It doesn't even need an actual title for me to be excited about it! We could talk about what this movie is about, but let's be honest, we won't actually know until it's released.

6. "Ocean's 8" (June 8th)

With a stellar cast right out of the gate, what more could we want from this? Ocean's 8 is about an impossible heist at New York City's Met Gala.

7. "Incredibles 2" (June 18th)

IT'S BEEN 14 YEARS AND I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! Mr. Incredible stays home to take care of Jack-Jack while Elastigirl saves the world!

8. "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" (June 22nd)

To start, we have Chris Pratt and baby velociraptors. Second, Owen and Claire go back to the island because a dormant volcano threatens to blow and they want to rescue the dinosaurs.

9. "Ant-Man and the Wasp" (July 6th)

So Ant-Man was pretty funny and Paul Rudd is always good, so this should be excellent! In this film, Ant-Man has to balance his work life and home life, that of being a super hero and being a father.

10. "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" (July 20th)

An unexpected film we are now expecting, and will tear to shreds if it doesn't meet our expectations. In this sequel, Sophie will learn about her mother's past. Oh, and she's pregnant.

11. "The Predator" (August 3rd)

Once again, no scary movies for me, but someone might like it. This is a remake of the original 1987 "Predator" film.

12. "The Meg" (August 10th)

I retract my statement on scary movies to the extent that a movie about a giant shark may be in my terrified interests. A group of people are stuck in a sunken submersible and one man must save them from a 70-foot shark.

13. "Robin Hood" (September 21st)

So this could be great or it could be a flop, but Taron Egerton is starring in it so that's pretty cool! This will be a gritty take on the classic story we all love.

14. "X-Men: The Dark Phoenix" (November 2nd)

I don't really follow X-Men, but someone out there must. Jean Grey begins to develop destructive and corrupt powers that lead the X-Men to decide if they save their team member or the people of the world.

15. "The Nutcracker and the Four Realms" (November 2nd)

Keira Knightly will have pink hair and be adorable. Oh, and Morgan Freeman will be there, too! This will be a fresh take on the original story of a girl being transported into the world of gingerbread soldiers and an army of mice.

16. "The Grinch" (November 9th)

Not really excited for yet another Grinch re-make, but Benedict Cumberbatch will be voicing the Grinch, so I guess I'm here for it. This will be an animated remake of the classic tale.

17. "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" (November 16th)

Given the controversy surrounding Johnny Depp, this could not go as planned. But, we will just have to wait and see. This plot is being kept tight under wraps, but we do know it will continue to follow Newt and hopefully result in the condemnation of Grindelwald.

18. "Aquaman" (December 21st)

This film has a star-studded cast, so expectations are high! A man learns of his connections to Atlantis, that he is heir to the throne and must lead his people and become a hero.

19. "Bumblebee" (December 21st)

Not sure how to feel about this, but it might be good? Set in 1987, Bumblebee hides out in a small beach town in California.

20. "Mary Poppins Returns" (December 28th)

This could either be great or it could be terrible...who knows? However, Emily Blunt is starring in this film, which is a definite plus! In this film, the children are all grown up and Mary Poppins returns to visit them after they suffer a personal loss.

So there you have it: 20 movies that we should look out for in 2018. These may be great or they may be terrible, but we will just have to see. "Black Panther" and "Avengers: Infinity War" are hopefully going to meet my incredibly high expectations.