Over the years I've come to release that I'm a rather big fan of musicals. Personally, as a film major, I've always been more attracted to movie musicals than Broadway shows. Probably because I really only get into musical soundtracks after I've seen the full work; it's my way of reliving the show.

However, if Zac Efron was never cast as Troy Bolton would this passion even exist? We may never know.

Also, you might notice some of the most iconic movie musicals aren't on this list. There's no Singin' in the Rain, The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Les Mis, West Side Story to name a few. I chose the musicals that I've been most attached to in my life. There are hundreds of musicals out there, but I've hand-selected ones which have had an impact on me.

And with that, here's my top 14.

1. Mamma Mia! and Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Honestly, I think I prefer the second one.

2. The High School Musical trilogy

All three are iconic and so are their soundtracks.

3. The Greatest Showman

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A DRILL. ZAC EFRON IS SINGING AND DANCING AGAIN! Not to mention it gave some incredible songs, including the Golden Globe-winning "This is me."

4. The Muppets

The gang's getting back together with some pretty great songs.

5. Hairspray

The 1988 version and the 2007 version (or as I like to call it the Zac Efron version).

6. La La Land

This movie is so good it was even crown the best picture of 2016 at the Oscars…for about a minute.

7. Grease

Just the first one, not the sequel.

8. Any Disney Movie Ever

A-N-Y of them.

9. Coco

One of the most incredible Pixar movies there is and it gave us the Oscar-winning song "Remember Me."

10. Pitch Perfect

Don't lie, you all learned the cup song back in middle school.

11. The Polar Express

Josh Groban's "Believe" is one of my favorite Christmas songs.

12. A Star is Born

Personally, I've only seen the 2018 remake, but there are three other versions (1937, 1954, 1976) for you to check out.

13. Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns

The new one has all the magic of the original, but with a whole new set of songs to sing along to.

14. Bohemian Rhapsody

Yes, all the songs have been previously released, but the movie is still worth a watch, regardless of if you're a Queen fan or not.