These Are Must-Haves For The Ultimate Festival Experience

Whether It's Your First Or Fifteenth Time, These Are Must-Haves For The Ultimate Festival Experience

Get pumped because it's officially music festival season.

80
Alyssa Scott

Although it may be a hard pill to swallow for some, music festivals have taken over the live concert experience. Personally, I love festivals because there are multiple headliners in one area for consecutive days. This means that while tickets may seem expensive for these shindigs, you are really getting a deal considering what you would pay to see just one of these artists. This can get tricky when it comes to planning who you want to see at what time, due to the multiple stages. It is important to research where you are going, so you aren't scrambling around at the last minute. The upside to the unknown adventure unlike any other is that the must-haves for every festival are the same. You must have:

1. Water, Water And More Water

Kylie Finkbone

You see that water backpack right there? Well, it will save your life. You are bound to be in the sun all day, and whether it's a Camelbak hydro-pack or a water bottle, you need it to survive the heat.

2. A Buddy

Kylie Finkbone

It is super easy to get lost in the big crowds. Even if you are with a big group of friends have a buddy, and keep track of each other. Also, in the event that someone were to get lost, have a set plan to meet back up at a certain place at a certain time. You think phones would work, but even if you do manage to keep your phone charged throughout the day (side-note: bring a portable charger), the service can be iffy. So do it like they did it in the olden days, and set up a time and place to meet ahead of time.

3. A Pair Of Comfortable Shoes 

Kylie Finkbone

With all the different stages, there is a lot of ground to cover. This means lots of walking. Either find a comfortable pair of shoes or someone's shoulders in order to avoid being miserable.

4. A Lot Of Cash

Kylie Finkbone

The days are so fun and filled with lots of activities; not all of the activities being free. If you don't want to go hungry or want to buy merchandise, cash is a necessity. All of these things add up pretty quickly, so do yourself a favor and be prepared.

5. Above All Else, A Positive Attitude

Kylie Finkbone

The days are long and unpredictable. One minute you could be praying for rain, and the next you could be regretting this request because now the show is postponed due to lightning. The only thing you can control is your attitude, and following all of my previous steps of course. If you stay positive and surround yourself with others with this same mindset, you are sure to have the ultimate festival experience.