musicians who helped me to heal

To The Musicians Who Helped Me Grow

As a message from all of us, whether we use your music to cope or just for entertainment, thank you.

54
To The Musicians Who Helped Me Grow

To all the musicians I've ever heard and loved,

You do not – and probably will never – understand the impact you have had on me, especially these last few years. It would take me too long to name all of you, so I'm using a broad term to label you. But just because there are so many of you that have transformed my life into something beautiful, that does not mean I am any less grateful of a certain artist over another; all of you have helped tremendously, and, in my mind, an equal amount. So here's to you.

Thank you for always being there for me. Although I cannot see you or your work with my own two eyes, I feel your presence, captivating words, and enthralling instrumentals no matter where I am. It's reassuring to know I can listen to your consoling songs easily as long as I have my headphones handy (and trust me, I always do). We learn as we progress through life that people will tell you they'll always be there for you when, in reality, they won't – but music has never made a promise it couldn't keep. Thank you for being my unyielding force through everything.

Thank you for creating my form of solace. We face issues in our lives – some we can be open about, some we cannot – and for the ones we cannot discuss, we know we can look to music for comfort, which is the most reassuring thing in the world. The comfort you can effortlessly give is incredible. You are the reason I now know that tranquility overpowers all sorrow, something I will forever be grateful for. Thank you for just being you.

Thank you for continuing to make music. I'm sure you encountered a plethora of obstacles on the way to creating music and fulfilling your dreams, but you never stopped. You didn't quit when someone told you that you didn't have enough flair or you'd never make it; you kept going. You are an inspiration to us all, no matter what your story is. You got here because you worked for it and we cannot ever thank you enough for allowing us to grow along with you.

As I continue to discover more artists and bands that will alter my life even more, just know I won't forget about you guys, the "O.G.s" of my life. Keep doing what you're doing and just know you will always hold a part of me.