6 Musicals That Have Kept Me Sane While Home

You know what they say: when the going gets tough, listen to a musical... they say that, right?

11

With things being as crazy as they are right now, why not relax and listen to/ watch a musical or two? Here are some of the ones I've been loving lately (most of these are Team StarKid, I'm not gonna lie).

The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals

YouTube

This may very well be my favorite musical from Team StarKid to date. Team StarKid is a theater group based in California (originally from Michigan) and you can learn more about them on their website. From the creepy apocalyptic feel to the amazing music, this show is absolutely incredible and one I frequently quote, sing along to, and re-watch constantly. I highly encourage you to look into it! You can watch the full show here or learn more about the show here!

SIX

YouTube

Although this is a fairly new musical, I have been in love with this soundtrack since the first day I listened to it. And don't even get me started on the costumes. Look them up; they are absolutely gorgeous! Anyway, a concert-like experience, sassy costumes, and amazing music all rolled in to one show? Yes please! You can learn a bit more about the show here. Btw, if you listen to the recorded soundtrack, it is the London Cast recording if you're curious. These queens really have this down to an art.

Hadestown

YouTube

Hadestown is a fairly popular musical right now on Broadway. Although I haven't seen it for myself, the soundtrack is magnificent. I love the different types of music within it; from swinging jazz sounds to heartfelt ballads, this music is really something to behold. You can read more about the show here if interested.

Twisted

YouTube

This was actually the first Team StarKid production I watched. The amazing (and quite frankly crude) humor and story pulled you in and gave a "twist" (see what I did there?) to a story line and franchise we thought we knew all too well. Check it out on StarKid's YouTube channel or read more about it here.

Black Friday

YouTube

The newest of the Team StarKid productions, Black Friday brings another creepy twist to the line up. A continuation of TGWDLM of sorts (prequel or sequel?), Black Friday reintroduces characters and adds an engaging plot line with its catchy tunes that pull you in. You can watch the full show for yourself here on StarKid's Youtube channel!

The Trail To Oregon

YouTube

The Trail To Oregon is another favorite. The songs are fun and upbeat, lots of humor, and an interactive atmosphere for the audience in the live show and even for the audience at home! You get to choose your ending! With a six person cast and an immense amount of laughs, it's all around a good time! You can read more about this amazing show here or watch it here! StarKid films all of their productions so everyone can see them after the live shows end, even if fans couldn't fly out to California!