MSU Freshman Bucket List

MSU Freshman Bucket List

During college, it is so easy to get in a normal routine. While this is necessary as a student, it is also fun to spice up your life and try new things. So, here is a MSU " bucket list" of activities to try during your time at Mississippi State.

108
MSU Freshman Bucket List
  1. Go to the Sanderson Center

This is hands down one of the coolest facilities I have ever been to. From a pool to rock climbing, it has everything. I recommend trying one of the free workout classes the Sanderson offers because they are so fun it seems like you are not even working out !

2. The Templeton

For some reason, this place is such a hidden gem at MSU. It is the cafeteria designated for student athletes, but what many people do not know is that anyone can eat there. Let me tell you this place serves some five course meals. I had potatoes, asparagus, and steak there the other day, and my mouth was drooling. It only takes up two block meals for the regular students like us.

3. Going Out on the Town

Starkville is one of the coolest towns and the nightlife is definently underrated. Starkville has countless places for some nightlife entertainment. My favorite is easily Tuesday Karaoke nights at Hobie's- it is a classic. What is so nice about the nightlife in Starkville is that many places are also 18+, so just because you aren't 21 doesn't mean you miss out on all the fun.

4. Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge

I know this seems crazy, but driving through "the refuge" is one of my favorite things to do. I love going out there with friends and looking our beautiful state, and it is also one of the best places for some quiet time.

5. Breakfast at Starkville Cafe

Breakfast at the Starkville cafe is unbeatable. The food and coffee is amazing and it also gives off Gilmore Girls vibes (small town diner). It is such a nice place for a Sunday brunch, but you have to beat the crowd! Lunch and Dinner are also amazing there!

6. Cookie dough bites from Stromboli's

This dessert taste like Heaven on Earth. The fried cookie dough is indescribable, so I will keep it short. Just trust me on this, you have to try this out!!

7. Sporting Events

MSU easily does sporting events the best. We have the best fans and it makes any event so much more enjoyable. Please go to at least one, it does not matter which sport. No matter what though, you have to ring a cowbell to give yourself the real feel of a true maroon fan.

These are just a few of the activities that I have tried so far at MSU, and most people I know have also tried at least one of these things. I know this list is random and mostly pertaining to food (sorry just my kind of idea of fun), Needless to say Starkville not only has the best eats but really fun activities to try with friends. These are some of my favorite things I have done/ tried so far as a student at Mississippi State, and I can assure you it is so worth it! But, if these are not your cup of tea I can assure you that you will find a way to pass the time in Starkville because it is truly the best college town (I know I'm being bias though, sorry about it).