Looking Back, Moving Schools Four Times Was A Blessing In Disguise
popular

Being the kid who moved schools all the time made me, well, me.

1724

I remember in third grade, my best friend moved schools. Of course, new kids came to our school and moved away all the time; however, it never seemed like something that would happen to her and especially not to me. Thomas Rhett said it best though, "You never know what's gonna happen: you make your plans, and you hear God laughing."

The summer after third grade, my dad got a new job that forced our family to leave our hometown. I couldn't believe it. It felt like my life would never be the same again, and honestly, that feeling was right. However as you can tell from the headline, it ended up not being so bad after all.

I am not the type of person who likes to sugarcoat things. As my "About Me" on my profile says, my articles will always be positive but will also always be honest. So I will be honest about moving schools, it was hard at first. My fourth-grade year, I literally cried every single day. I really wasn't sure if I would ever feel like I was at home ever again.

With my dad's seemingly constant job changes, I ended up moving a total of four times before I was a sophomore in high school. One day through my tears, I asked my mom, "I know God is good, but why does He keep letting these changes happen?" She shook her head, "Honey, I don't understand it either, but I truly believe He is going to use these changes to bring you to your purpose one day. He is going to use it to help other people."

Looking back now, I can see that moving schools so often was a blessing from God. I am actually an introvert, but because I was constantly thrown into new environments with new people growing up, I can make friends quickly. You would never know I am shy on the inside. It caused me to rely on God and to trust Him more, and because of that, I know my mom was right that day.

Due to my faith in Jesus, I get to write every week encouraging people and pointing them to Him. I was able to get up and speak to an entire church about Him. The changes in my life really did help me live out my purpose because, without my hardships, I couldn't write personal articles that people can relate to. Without literally having to lean on God for my peace, I couldn't share that peace with other people because I would not have experienced it myself.

If you are experiencing a big change in your life, whatever it may be, look to God. It isn't always easy, but with Him, it is always worth it. You may be afraid like I was, that life will never be the same again. I am here to tell you it probably won't be, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some parts of our lives are only meant for a season, and something else must come along for us to grow. With the Lord, the best is always yet to come, so you can rest in that today.