Movies That You Have To Watch Before The Summer Ends

5 Movies To Watch This Summer

These are some movies that if you haven't watched by now, your summer break is the perfect time to do so.

261
5 Movies To Watch This Summer

While some of these are classics from before my time, some of these are classics of my time. Nonetheless, they all should be seen and appreciated by us all. Also, heads up, I'm pretty sure most of these are rated R.

Baby Driver (2017)

media.giphy.com

LET ME TELL YOU, I love this movie. This movie has a beautiful sound track and made me cry. There's a reason why it's Rotten Tomatoes 93%, 3 Academy award and a Golden Globe nominations. With an adrenaline pumped storyline, well done character development, and a fantastic ending, this movie is probably one of my favorites of all time.

Good Morning, Vietnam (1987)

media.giphy.com

Robin Williams. That's it, that's the tweet. But seriously, one of Williams' probably better known films with the generations before me, this movie embodies some of the real life struggles of the American soldiers in Vietnam when the war was at its peak and how there was an attempt to keep morale up. I'm glad I'm at an age where I can get all of the references and truly appreciate Robin Williams' sense of humor, may he rest in peace.

The Edge of Seventeen (2016)

The Edge of Seventeen - Create, Discover and Share Awesome GIFs on Gfycat

gfycat.com

This movie did make me cringe, but not in a bad way. The main character, Nadine, struggles with being unaccepted by everyone else who seems 'normal' in high school. I myself had a hard time feeling like I belonged to a group or even had a tight knit group of friends then and this movie understood those frustrations and sense of isolation.

Pulp Fiction (1994)

media.giphy.com

"You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Paris? A royale with cheese"

Quentin Tarantino is one of my favorite directors of all time. Kill Bill? Classic. The Hateful Eight? Extremely well done. Tarantino has such a unique way of writing storylines and then using his style of cinematography that is clean, but extremely visually stimulating. Also, Uma Thurman, Samuel L. Jackson, and John Travolta are the main characters. Need I say more?

The BlacKkKlansman (2018)

media.giphy.com

After seeing Adam Driver for the first time as Kylo Ren a few years back, I appreciated him as an actor, but never really saw him in too much else. I didn't really see any commercials for this movie or anything so I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away by the intensity of this movie and the beauty of the script. Everyone needs to watch this and see the exquisite performance done by John David Washington.