21 Movies That Will Change Your Life

21 Movies That Will Change Your Life

We don't have a lot of options for what we can do while we are in quarantine but at least this list of movies will keep you entertained for a while!

3830
21 Movies That Will Change Your Life
Touchstone Pictures

Do yourself a favor and add these movies to your summer queue when it's too hot to be outside.

1. "The Lovely Bones"

Why watch it?

This movie broke my heart but healed me at the same time! Susie Salmon deals with her tragic death and the constant haunting of her murder while watching her family mourn for her.

Favorite Quote: "I wasn't lost, or frozen or gone...I was alive; I was alive in my own perfect world."

Watch 'The Lovely' Bones trailer here!

2. "Stand By Me"

Why watch it?

This is such a beautiful coming of age movie that follows these four "outcasts" who are finding themselves in their crazy lives while on an adventure to find a dead body - not as morbid as it sounds!

Favorite Quote: "I don't shut up, I grow up and when I look at you, I throw up!!"

Watch a trailer for 'Stand By Me' here!

3. "The Truman Show"

Why watch it?

Did you ever feel like your living in a simulation and there was a higher power controlling you? Well, this movie is entirely constructed around that idea and SOOOO captivating!!

Favorite Quote: " We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented with. It's simple as that."

Watch the trailer for 'The Truman Show' here!

4. "If I Stay"

Why watch it?

In the blink of an eye, her life was changed forever and now she has to choose life or death? What will she choose?

Favorite Quote: "Life is a big fat gigantic stinking mess. That's the beauty of it too, you know?

Watch the trailer for 'If I Stay' here!

5. "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

Why watch it?

This is for all the people who have said, "I wish I could erase them from my brain forever" before, this movie is for you.

Favorite Quote: "Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I am going to make them feel alive but I'm just a f*cked up girl who's looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours."

Watch the trailer for 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'!

6. "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"

Why watch it?

Another amazing must-see coming-of-age film that is centered around kids who labeled themselves as "wallflowers" that blend into the background but are worth so much.

Favorite Quote: "We accept the love we think we deserve."

Watch the trailer for 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' here.

7. "Inception"

Why watch it?

A man with the ability to enter people's dreams and steal secrets... with a man with everything to gain and everything to lose, what will happen?

Favorite Quote: "Your mind is the scene of the crime."

Watch the trailer for 'Inception' here!

8. "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

Why watch it?

A hilarious comedic quest set in the middle ages. Only top-notch dumb comedy over here!

Favorite Quote: "I am your king!" " Well, I didn't vote for you!"

Watch the trailer for 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' here!

9. "Interstellar"

Why watch it?

On an important mission to find a new home since Earth has been exhausted of its resources, Cooper goes on an emotionally turbulent journey to learn that time is even more valuable than oxygen.

Favorite Quote: "Love is the one thing that transcends time and space."

Watch the trailer for 'Interstellar' here.

10. "12 Angry Men"

Why watch it?

We watch as 12 men deliberate whether the crime that had been committed was indeed by the young man in question, and slowly their prejudices come to the surface.

Favorite Quote: "I beg pardon." "What are you so polite about?" " For the same reason you're not. It's the way I was brought up."

Watch the trailer for '12 Angry Men' here!

11. "The Girl on the Train"

Why watch it?

A crazy dramatic movie with so many turns, you won't even know what to believe!!

Favorite Quote: "Haven't you ever been on a train and wondered about the lives of the people who live near the tracks? The lives you've never lived."

Watch the trailer for 'The Girl on the Train' here.

12. "Moonlight"

Why watch it?

Beautiful cinematography. Heart-wrenching journey. Powerful plot. A masterpiece of a movie.

Favorite Quote: " You're not a f**. You can be gay, but you don't have to let nobody call you a f**."

Watch the trailer for 'Moonlight' here.

13. "Lady Bird"

Why watch it?

Longing for "a city with culture", she aims for the stars with hopes and dreams of getting out of Sacramento. 'Lady Bird' is a beautiful full circle movie that will hit you in the heart!

Favorite Quote: " I want you to be the very best version of yourself that you can be?" "What if this is the best version?"

Watch the trailer for 'Lady Bird'!

14. "Under The Same Moon"

Why watch it?

We watch a single mom make sacrifices to make a good life for her kids in the USA while he is in Mexico. Under tragic circumstances, he must make a dangerous solo-journey crossing the border and find her.

Favorite Quote: "My mom said that when I missed her, I should look at the moon 'cause she'd be looking at it too, so I could feel close to her and not be so sad"

Watch the trailer for 'Under the Same Moon' here.

15. "The Way"

Why watch it?

A man that loses his son who had went on a pilgrimage to find himself, ends up going on one himself. Along the way, he meets many other beautiful souls in the journey of finding himself and mourning his son.

Favorite Quote: "You don't choose a life, Dad. You live one."

16. "10 Things I Hate About You"

Why watch it?

Not your classic romance movie when it comes to a guarded, beautiful, and an abrasive young woman being courted!

Favorite Quote: "I guess I thought I was protecting you." "By not letting me experience anything for myself?"

Watch the trailer for '10 Things I Hate About You' here.

17. "Boyhood"

Why watch it?

We watch a boy grow up through 12 years of his life; the beauty, the ugly, and everything in between.

Favorite Quote: "At some point, you're no longer growing up, you're aging. But no one can pinpoint that moment exactly."

Watch the trailer for 'Boyhood'!

18. "13 Going on 30"

Why watch it?

Definitely a movie that will make you careful about what what you wish for. Also, a sweet reminder to enjoy where you are in your life.

Favorite Quote: "Who are these women? I want to see my best friend's big sister, the girls from the soccer team, my next-door neighbor, real women who are smart and pretty and happy to be who they are. These are the women to look up to. Let's put life back into the magazine."

Watch the trailer for the '13 Going on 30' trailer!

19. "The Goonies"

Why watch it?

A classic coming-of-age 80's movie? Say less!

Favorite Quote: "Goonies never say die!"

Watch the trailer for 'The Goonies' here.

20. "A Beautiful Mind"

Why watch it?

Based on a true story, we watch this mathematical genius brain work but we learn it isn't just beauty that lies beneath.

Favorite Quote: "Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is it to discover a beautiful heart."

Watch the trailer for a 'Beautiful Mind' here.

21. "6 Years"

Why watch it?

A young couple that has been together for six years start reaping unexpected opportunities which leads them down a very volatile path.

Favorite Quote: "You make choices in this life. You know, you win some, you lose some."

Watch the trailer for '6 Years' here!

Each and every one of these movies changed my life in some way. I hope you enjoy them too!