11 Lessons That Moms Teach Us That Stick with Us Forever

"Mom! That isn't even necessary you're just being extra"

"You will realize sooner or later that I'm right, so you better take my advice now"

Five years later, guess who wins?

Yes, Mom.

Here are 23 Lessons Moms teach us that stick with us forever!

1. Always be kind

Don't be mean to people just because they're mean to you. That reflects who they are, not a reflection of you. So, always be kind to everyone- even if they do you wrong.

2. Always be on good terms with everyone

Don't ever hold grudges. Life is too short; you could wake up tomorrow and have none of these people around so be on good terms with everyone. Don't be two-faced but maintain the distance you have.

3. Don't let ego overrule your relationships with people

Enough said.

4. Don't procrastinate

Finish your work when it is given. Although I realized this too late, I wish I had made this a habit since the very beginning.

5. Be grateful

For the people, the opportunities and everything else in your life. The more grateful you are, the more abundance in your life.

6. Always carry a little bit of food and water wherever you go

Now, I don't know if this is just an Indian- mom thing, it sure as hell is correct. You never know when you'll get stuck in traffic for three hours! Do yourself a favor and carry a water bottle and some snacks.

7. Don't write yourself off before doing the task

This might not resonate with everyone, but my mom always told me to not bring my own self down. Basically, you should never ASSUME that you can't do something...without physically doing it.

8. Never judge a person based on their looks, religion, gender or background

Do I really need to explain this?

9. Be positive (I know you saw that coming!)

No one likes a negative Nelly! Plus, negative thoughts can take over your life, causing you constantly feel depressed and miserable.

10. A humorous one here...Always pee before you leave the house. Always

Having a full bladder and nowhere to pee is never fun.

11. Do the best on your part, leave the rest to God/ the Universe/one whoever else/no one else

Your best is enough. And remember, you can only do so much! You can't always control a specific situation. Sometimes it is what it is. Accept that and move on. Don't dwell on the past. Nothing ever comes out of overthinking about things that happened in the past.

Today, when my 19-year-old self turns back, all I see is how right my Mom was...about everything. Mom, if you're reading this, I guess I'll just admit it...you were right (if not always, at least most of the time). I know I still act like a child and argue about the dumbest things, but guess what? I'll still call you when I'm 25 and confused.