Overrated Music Artists

11 People Told Me Who They Think The Most Overrated Music Artists Are And Their Truth Really Does Hurt

"Who's your favorite artist?"

1492
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsZa6dhzv3/
@lizzobeeating

Music is a big deal in today's society. In fact, when I meet new people, one of the first questions they ask is "what kind of music do you listen to?" or "who's your favorite artist?" Well, it got me thinking.

There are so many out there who get so much hype, and sometimes it's just crazy how much attention they get. So I asked 11 people what they thought, and here are the artists they named.

1. Beyonce

COMPLETELY agree! She's talented, and I even liked her music when I was in like middle school, but I'm definitely not a fan of "Queen B." She just gets way too much hype nowadays, even though she's been in the business for years.

2. Ariana Grande

Several people named Ariana, with reasons such as her music is just too hyped up and others felt like people just liked her because it was "trendy."

3. Lizzo

I agree 100%. The first time I heard Lizzo's music was on an award show and it caught my attention. But I got tired of people idolizing her and her song "Truth Hurts."

4. Lil Nas X

Another artist that multiple people named. People think his one hit is overplayed and that it's not even really a country song, even though everyone says it is.

5. Cardi B

I like Cardi B's music, but she's kind of like Lizzo. Everyone idolizes her and everything she does, when she's just living her life like every other singer in the business.

6. Taylor Swift

YES! I've never really been a fan of her. Her music has been about her boy problems forever and it's just starting to get predictable.

7. Drake

Drake is pretty popular, but listeners don't feel as though he really stands out in the rap scene from his peers.

8. TwentyOne Pilots

Their music does get overplayed like crazy on the radio...

9. Billie Eilish

Another one who's music is overplayed. She's so talented for someone so young, but you only hear her one song, especially now that there is a Justin Bieber remix for it.

10. Halsey

Another very talented singer, but no one focuses on everything she's done. Instead, only like two of her songs get played and it just ruins it for fans.

11. Bebe Rexha

Some feel that she just isn't as good as the world makes her out to be.