The 10 Most Expensive Colleges Right Now

These Tuitions Exemplify Costs Being Out of Control In American Education

9939

The rankings are in, and these colleges & universities are the costliest in 2023.

Based on tuition & fees for the 2022-23 academic year, not counting the extra charge of room & board, here are the top 10 most expensive colleges, per The College Investor. See if one of them is from your state.

10. Harvey Mudd College (California)

File:2008-Harvey Mudd.jpg - Wikimedia Commonscommons.wikimedia.org

$62,516 sticker price

9. Brown University (Rhode Island)

File:University Hall at Brown University.jpg - Wikimedia Commonscommons.wikimedia.org

$62,680 sticker price

8. Haverford College (Pennsylvania)

Haverford College - Founders Hall (1983) | Founders Hall was… | Flickrwww.flickr.com

$62,850 sticker price

7. Boston College (Massachusetts)

Boston College | Photos of Boston College in Boston, Mass. | Jim ...www.flickr.com

$62,950 sticker price

6. USC (California)

Tommy Trojan, University of Southern California (USC), Los… | Flickrwww.flickr.com

$63,468 sticker price

5. Tufts University (Massachusetts)

File:Packard Hall - Tufts University - IMG 0971.JPG - Wikimedia ...commons.wikimedia.org

$63,804 sticker price

4. Vassar College (New York)

Facade of Avery Hall - Vassar College - Poughkeepsie - New… | Flickrwww.flickr.com

$63,840 sticker price

3. Reed College (Oregon)

Portland | Reed College | Dale Cruse | Flickrwww.flickr.com

$64,450 sticker price

2. Columbia University (New York)

File:NYC - Columbia University graduation day - 1056.jpg ...commons.wikimedia.org

$65,524 sticker price

1. Franklin & Marshall College (Pennsylvania)

Franklin and Marshall College | Lancaster, PA. | Pâmella Ferrari ...www.flickr.com

$65,652 sticker price

Narrowly missing the cut, but rounding out the Top 20 most expensive colleges:

• Northwestern University
  • University of Chicago
  • Wellesley College
  • Oberlin College
  • Sarah Lawrence College
  • Dartmouth College
  • University of Rochester
  • John Hopkins University
  • Claremont McKenna College
  • Barnard College

All have something in common: tuition & fees are $60k or more. That means a 4-year cost of $240k or higher, and again not counting room & board, books, etc. Can costs go any higher?