Why Waking Up Early Is A Power Move

When You're A Morning Person, You Have The Opportunity To Explore Both Morning AND Night

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I may metamorphose into a disciplined morning person once I land my dream career after years of ardent preparation.

205
Erikka out and about
Erikka Chowdhury

I agree that all the official and important tasks in a person's life are accustomed to taking place in the morning. I'm openly accepting the value of waking up bright and early, getting daily errands done while the sun is still shining, and carrying out routine morning walks. These are things that I sincerely hope will become second nature to me when the right time arrives.

In case, you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not a morning person!

Being a studious student all throughout my life, I have developed the habit of staying up relatively late at night (till 5 a.m. sometimes) to study and explore my interests. As the old adage goes, "Old habits die hard." This prehistoric habit still refuses to leave my side and I'm adamant towards not letting it go. Waking up bright and early is such a struggle especially if I'm up really late at night. But to my dismay, I have to wake up bright and early for classes, work, appointments, and many other activities.

Alongside that, I find the nighttime to be relaxing and soothing to a person's soul. I'm more productive at night and all the neurons in my brain are energetically stimulated. Apparently, my current lifestyle is mediated via the ongoing responsibilities and assignments related to my work as a student. However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I may metamorphose into a disciplined morning person once I land my dream career after years of ardent preparation. Suffice to say, I'm currently a human inside a nocturnal owl's body. My circadian rhythm drastically differs from others which highlights my night-loving habit.

Furthermore, observing the bioluminescence of fireflies during the summer nights and catching the glow of bright stars have all been a significant part of my childhood. Blessed to say that these things still haven't changed. The angelic aura of the nighttime increases the tenacity within me to keep the flame of my passions alive and go onto to doing great things in life. In other words, I feel that certain things are meant to only take place at night as opposed to the morning. I completely relish my 6 to 9 p.m. courses which are usually from the humanities and social sciences.

But, as much as I love the sparkles and glitters of night, I do understand the urgency to also be active and awake in the morning. Ever since I was little, my father has always affectionately preached, "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." And, he still does. Nevertheless, I really aspire to heed and practice my father's way of life in order to mold myself into a person who will learn to become a morning person. But, I'll still embrace the tenderness and passionate splendor of night as it is an inherent emblem of my personality.