10 Tips For The One Who Is Not A Morning Person

Mornings don't have to be a drag

628
Unsplash

I have a love/hate relationships with the morning. I love to be one of those people who wake up and get the day started with that peace and calmness of the mornings, but honestly, I have been known to press snooze one too many times and be cranky once I hop out of bed. However, recently I started to do a few things that have really helped me have the best mornings- even though I might not be the best morning person.

1. Waking up at a consistent time

I found that waking up at the same time has really helped my body get ready for the mornings. As for the weekend- I try not to sleep in past 30 extra minutes. Once your body is on a cycle, you will feel a lot more awake in the mornings.

2. Having a fun playlist

This is probably my favorite tip. I have a Spotify playlist that I listen to pretty much every day. It is filled with fun songs that light me up inside. These are songs that I love to sing and dance too. Another great option would be songs that have a really positive message.

3. Meditation (or prayer!)

I meditate every morning before I really get going with my day. There are about a million different things you could do during meditation, so it's really up to you and your goals. If you're not really into meditation then simply pray. Getting in touch with your spirit in the mornings really boosts your day and sets the right tone for things.

4.Eating breakfast

As a fitness professional and a girl who gets cranky if she doesn't eat, I can't stress enough how important eating breakfast is! Giving your body the energy it needs is super important for your health- both physically and mentally. If you don't really have an appetite in the mornings at least try to grab some fresh fruit or a yogurt.

5. Getting organized the night before

Sometimes I am really bad at getting organized the night before. Honestly, I have a hard time getting organized any time, I'm really a certified hot mess. Unfortunately, I feel the effects of my messiness the next morning. Now, I have to scramble to find what I want to wear, check my planner, get everything in my purse, write a to-do list, etc. This all could be avoided if I just did it the night before. Pick out a cute outfit, check your planner, write your to-do list, get stuff in your bags

6. Having a gratitude list

Appreciate what you have and you will have a much more positive outlook on your day!

7. Getting some type of exercise in

This doesn't mean jump out of bed and go on a 3 mile jog. Simply stretch or do a quick 10-minute cardio routine. Wake up your body!

8. Make the bed

This is another thing I struggle with, but see the benefits when I actually do it. It's so nice to come home to a bed that is made and cleaned up.

9. Drink a full glass of water

Most people are dehydrated. Dehydration definitely affects your mood. Drinking water gets your insides moving and awake for the day. It also helps you hydrate.

10. Watching/ reading something cute or positive

Take some time to watch a cute animal video or read a motivational/positive story. There is so much bad news that we forget there is good news too!