Mom You Always Were The Perfect Fan

Mom You Always Were The Perfect Fan

Having the Perfect Mom Has Helped Me Become The Person I Am Today

17
Mom You Always Were The Perfect Fan
personal photo

“You'll never have a better friend

Or a warmer touch to tuck you in

She'll kiss your bruises, your bumps and scrapes

And anytime you hurt

Her heart's gonna break”

Sometimes I think about how my life would be different if I had siblings. I would have someone to play with, have someone to talk to, have someone to always be there for me and me for them; but then I remember I already have that. I have all of that in one person, my best friend… My mom.

My mom is truly my best friend. She is the first one I run to when I have any kinds of news, good, bad or otherwise. No question was too silly, and she always took the time to talk to me about whatever was on my mind.

“And when she's talking to you make sure you listen close
'Cause she's gonna teach you everything you'll ever need to know”

Those phone conversations when I was away at school to the countless car rides visiting me at school, she did it all for me to make sure I was never alone. Every memory I have, my mom has always been a part of it. She has sat through countless concerts that she really didn’t want to go to, she was always in the crowds of my sports game or my theatre shows, cheering the loudest. But she is not just my biggest cheerleader and support, but she is my role model.

All my life I have wanted to be a mom and a wife, and my mom has set the best example on how to do that. She has set an amazing example on what being a wife, a mother, a friend, and a hard worker. If I am half the women that she is when I am older than I will consider myself lucky. She has always pushed me to do my best, reminding me that I was capable of doing anything I set my mind to. She has celebrated every accomplishment with me, no matter how small. “You were always there for me pushing me and guiding me always to succeed.“ All I ever want to do is make my mom proud of me, and I know that she always is.

I sometimes think that I was always meant to be an only child. I don’t know if my mom and I would have had the same relationship if there was another child in the mix. As much as I would have loved to have a sibling, I am happy that I don’t so that I had so much time to bond with my mom and have the relationship that I have with her.

My mom has allowed me to always be myself, to make my own mistakes, try new things and overall enjoy the things I have and the life I was given. She has done her best to give me amazing experiences and opportunities and for that I will always be grateful. I cannot wait for the day when I see the relationship that she has with her grandchildren and for when she is helping me to become the best mother and wife that I can be. She has paved a great road for me, and I know I never have to walk that road alone. I love my mom, and she is not only a mother and a friend, but she is my hero.

“Cause there's someone down there waiting whose only goal in life
Is making sure you're always gonna be alright
A loving angel tender, tough and strong”

I just want to wish my mom a Happy Birthday!!! I love you mom and I hope you have the best day possible.