What My Mom Really Thinks of Europe

What My Mom Really Thinks of Europe

"I don't like the transportation."

362
What My Mom Really Thinks of Europe
Instagram

Well everyone, she came, she saw, and she conquered!

My mom finally made a trip out here to the motherland to visit me and together (with Karen) we travelled to 6 countries! We rode the red bus in London, ate at the cafés in Paris, walked by the river in Luxembourg, explored in Trier, bought chocolate in Antwerp, and cruised the canals of Amsterdam. Every city was beautiful and each possessed their own type of charm compared to the others.

If you know my mom, she is not afraid to speak her mind, so here are Jamie Glover's top 10 thoughts on our trip abroad:

1. "There are so many people here. Do you think they like living on each other?"

2. "Is anything ever open over here?"

3. "Why won't they laugh with me?"

4. *put Caucasian as her nationality because she forgot what that meant

5. "Do they speak Spanish in Spain?"

6. "I swear they just stare us down when we walk past them."

7. "Do they even go to school over here?"

8. "So, we're spending (insert number) dollars."

9. *covers her nose all the time in Amsterdam when walking past people smoking marijuana

"I don't want it come up on a drug test."

10. "So, is the beer warm here?"

11. "I need to come back here with someone that knows what they're doing."

12. "It's like they're off to the rat races."

Needless to say, she does want to come back here. If not for the good food we had, then because this was the first time she ever slept inputs 7 AM!

This was her first time in Europe and she loved all of the architecture and culture, but she still wishes that we had gone inside the Notre Dame in Paris (she's still mad at me for making her go on that walking tour).