Thank you mom for being you!

Mom, If I Haven't Told You...

Mother, a person who has put you on her back before your heart even beat.

26
Mom, If I Haven't Told You...
Julianna Kadian

Mom,

I want to thank you for putting up with me 24/7/365, I know that I am a pain sometimes and I am not the easiest person to deal with, but you never once turned your back. You really have been my biggest role model of the type of woman, a girl should grow up to be. You are amazing in every way possible, that I am so speechless all the time about you. I remember always being asked in elementary school or even high school who my biggest role model was, easy question one would think. I of course would say you, but I couldn't say why. I swear that you were my biggest role model, but my simple answer when they would ask why would be, you'd just have to meet her then you'll know why.

A mother's job is never easy, you have to love and care for us before we even take a breath in the real world. Children to mom's are literally a pain since day one, no joke about that. Over the years we've fought, we've cried, we've both probably said something that we haven't meant, but that doesn't mean I love you any less. In fact, I want to thank you for being who you are, for every no you've told me I want to thank you for them. I probably 'hated' you at the time for saying no I could not do something but you knew it was better for me to not go at the time.

You've taught me so many lessons, the list probably could go on for a novel book series but I'll keep it short.

You have shown me what a support system is, it's not just someone who say "yeah I support you, I got you", there is so much more to it. You've shown me that a support system, is someone who will be there no matter the time to hold you when you're crying, someone who fights for you even if you think that you got it under control, someone who pushes you to be a better you even when you don't want someone to tell you what to do, a support system isn't always sunshine and rainbows. A support system does push those boundaries, you will cry, you will fight with your support system but the only thing a support system doesn't do is give up on you.

You've taught me to always fight for what I believe in, that this world will test you every ounce of the way. You cannot cave into the world the world will try and beat you down to let go of thing you believe in but don't ever let it. If you believe something is not right, fight back and make it right.

You've taught me that failure is NOT the end of the road of what you want. You have always said that you're going to fail in life, you will fall down multiple times, but what you cannot do is to accept the failure and stay in the failure. That I have to take every failure with a grain of salt, it will burn but the burning will stop, failure isn't your destination. That you always have to pick yourself up, no matter how it can be, obviously easier said than done, but you've been an amazing role model of how to exactly do it.

You've taught me that people will judge you, but not to give a crap what they have to say. You've taught me that above everything, you have to make sure you love yourself first, be happy with yourself first before you could EVER care about what someone else has to say about you. Even then, you shouldn't care because if you love yourself and are happy with yourself then it does not matter.

Thank you for being who you are, showing me that being strong is not easy but it can be done. Thank you for literally beating the odds at literally everything, you have shown me that no matter what happens no matter how bad life gets, that giving up is never an option. You've really shown that sometimes you have to sit down and cry but then get up wipe the tears away and keep on going. Life isn't so kind to you but you've never allowed that to stop you from making sure that me and my siblings have had everything life. Thank you for making sure that we've always had a meal on the table, even if you constructed it form a hospital bed. Thank you for making sure I always have clothes on my back, even if you didn't get the clothes you wanted. Thank you for being the mom that has to take a million pictures, I may roll my eyes but I am so thankful for every picture that I have to remember those memories. Thank you for making sure that we have had everything before you. You have shown me the true definition of putting others before yourself.

Thank you for being the Jet's biggest fan with me (even when it's hard). Thank you for always being my 'go to' person. Thank you for being brutally honest, even when i don't want to hear it. Thank you for making me laugh when I cry. Thank you for every sing along car rides we've ever had even though you've had to blast the volume so you didn't hear my tone deaf singing. Thank you for raising me to be who I am, I am so thankful for you.

I know it's not easy being a mom sometimes, but you're an amazing one.

I love you to the moon and back.

• Me

P.S.Happy Mother's Day