10 Things Your Mom Does When You Visit Home

10 Habits Your Mom Reverts Back To When You’re Home From College

1. Stock the fridge with your favorite food

455
Original Photo Courtesy of Karlee Onstad

Regardless if you are visiting your parent's home for a day, weekend or a whole week, your mom is always overjoyed with excitement that her child is finally returning home. And, of course, there are ten things that your mom will for sure do when you return home.

So, you like fruit? That is good thing considering that your mom has stocked the fridge with the entire produce aisle. But who could complain, because, let's be real, fruit can be expensive and you are often just limited to bagged apples.

2. Give you countless hugs

Blog Spot

Mom has the excessive need to makeup two months of missing hugs within two days, leaving you constantly being surrounded by your mother's oddly strong arms.

3. Comment on how messy you are

Tumblr

If your parents are empty nesters, two people in a house made for over four people rarely gets messy, aside from the occasional dust bunny. Therefore, mom has to point out how messy you are when you leave your socks in the living room (okay, so maybe in reality, you have actually left a tornado in every room you entered, but still…).

4. Ask for your fashion advice

PopCrush

If you want to feel like a fashion expert, just go home for a weekend with plans to go somewhere fancy with your parents and wait for your mom to come to your room with three different dresses. And, of course, make sure you comment on how freaking amazing she looks in her black dress and heels, because like any woman likes some compliments.

5. Inquire about your love life

Moms are nosey, especially when it comes to your young love life. She is also the person that is the most happy for you when you have good news to share.

6. Have real adult conversations

Tumblr

Growing up is realizing your mom is more than just a mother but a real person; this also means becoming mutual friends with your mom. Which is fantastic because talking to your mom, the person that arguably knows you best, about everything from classes to future plans to work is an all-around great conversation.

7. Ask where you are going

Buzzfeed

After how many months and years of living by yourself, updating another person on your comings and goings is not a typical occurrence. Therefore, when you come home and you have plans to hangout with friends, it is strange to have to consult with your mom on when you are leaving, where you are going and when you will be back.

8. Help on their technology

Tenor

From hooking up their printer, how to change the brightness on their phone or what that button on their computer means, mom always has a few tech questions she has been holding onto for over a month just waiting for your arrival.

9. Offer you some cash

Mag

I am a poor college student, so yes that 20 dollar bill that your mom slips you before you leave means so much more than your mom can know, because YAY you get to treat yourself to Chipotle that week. Oh, and, of course, that little baggie of quarters she gives you knowing full well that you haven't washed your clothes in two weeks, because you don't have enough change for the washer and dryer...a blessing.

10. Pack you leftovers

Assets Auto

Food always taste better when someone else makes it, especially if you mother makes it (because she truly makes it with love, that is not a myth). And one weekend of homemade cooking is simply not enough to withstand your need for quality food till the next time you return; therefore these treasured leftovers are necessary to extend the home cooking for the next couple of days.