Modesty is a Virtue

Modesty is a Virtue

And morals are all the rage.

172
Modesty is a Virtue
Meshali Mitchell

Growing up, I was always told by my parents, my teachers, my coaches, and my church family to be individual and chase after what I truly desire. Some may say that I've hung on to these words, holding them near and dear to my heart. Some may even say I've taken the advice and the people that gave me the advice a little too serious by not having that rebellious phase so commonly known to teenagers. However, I take comfort and pride in this. I've lived my life, not precariously, but rather very assuredly and within the boundaries provided. Sure I've had my share of phone calls and text messages asking me when I'll be home. I've had that one boyfriend that tested the set curfew and try as he might, to push it back just 20 more minutes.

I absolutely pressed these boundaries set by my parents, by no means was I perfect. But being that we are Christians ______ we too are expected to be perfect. Or better yet, representing His image in the wrong or unintended manner which provides a bad rep on Christianity.

Frequently I hear my friends say they want a guy like Thomas Rhett or Cole LaBrant, but let me propose this question. Where are the girls that are willing to be a Laura Akins, Savannah LaBrant, or Sadie Robertson? I'm not saying to worship these women or look at them as idols, but rather to look at them through God's eyes and see what characteristics you have in common with all of the women or even just one of them. Aspire to better those characteristics that you have in common with these God-fearing women. They give everything to God, they've devoted their lives to him, and as a result have found satisfaction in life. They don't follow the crowd or act in a way that will make people think of them in a negative light. They are beautiful, they are Christians, they express their love for Christ in a fervent fashion. And yet, they manage to be humble and self-less.

These women have seen the world and have touched the world in so many different ways, and we still are seeing the affect they've had thus far. They don't throw themselves out to the world trying to grab everyone's attention by posting something inappropriate or by acting inappropriately. Every person's goal should be to remember the teaching's of respecting yourself and presenting yourself in positive aspect. Have a little modesty about yourself and your lifestyle. You'd be amazed what follows after changing a couple of these features.

As Proverbs 31:25 says, "She is clothed in strength and dignity, and laughs without fear of the future." This Bible verse should be, and very easily can be, applied to every woman's life, know your personal strengths ladies, think of all of the gifts that you have to offer to this world. Leave this world in better shape than when you entered it. Don't join the crowd simply because that's what all the other girls are doing.

You can live a modest life, a Christian life, and an exhilarating life all in one.