Lets go Giants!

Lets go Giants!

San Francisco Giants Info, Roster & Schedules

8784
Giants by BBTIX

If you're looking for information on the San Francisco Giants, you've come to the right place. Here you'll find the most recent MLB San Francisco Giants roster and schedule, where the Giants play their home games, and even how much Giants tickets cost. You can also read about the recent changes to the Giants' organization. This year, the team's offensive struggles were particularly noticeable. While the overall team offense had improved over the past couple of seasons, the Giants failed to turn the momentum into runs.

MLB San Francisco Giants Roster 2022

The MLB San Francisco Giants are the only team in the National League that could start the season without two of their top right-handed hitters from 2021. However, the Giants have plenty of financial flexibility to make sweeping changes. The Giants have thirteen open position spots, and Joey Bart is the No. 2 pick and will replace Buster Posey once he retires. Although the Giants could use some depth at catcher, they've been looking into Bart as well as other minor leaguers like Kris Bryant.

The Giants' Opening Day roster was released on Thursday. The Giants finished last season with 107 wins, winning the National League West title. But three key players from the 2021 lineup will start the season on the injured list, including Evan Longoria, Tommy La Stella, and LaMonte Wade Jr. Tommy La Stella and Evan Longoria have both had surgeries on their right Achilles sheaths and right index fingers, respectively. LaMonte Wade Jr. also has a bone bruise on his left knee, preventing him from playing full speed in the field.

The Giants may start the season with just 15 pitchers, including every pitcher on the 40-man roster. But the team might have to add some pitchers to keep Martinez on the field, as his late spring has limited his options. That would give Tyler Beede, John Brebbia, and Sam Long a chance to break with the club. If the Giants do start with 15 pitchers in April, they can give Pedro Martinez time to regain his health.