Mini Jersey Summer Bucket List

Mini Summer Bucket List: Jersey Style

Check out these 5 summer must-dos for a summer in New Jersey!

13
Jaylen Molina

With summer weather approaching, you may find yourself wanting to decide what this summer could have in store. Here are some ideas to turn a normal day into something great!

1. Visit the shore!

live.staticflickr.com

New Jersey may be famous for some things, but the Jersey Shore is definitely one of them! Take a ride to the shore and visit a number of beaches, including Belmar, Point Pleasant, Seaside, Long Branch, and many more. Visiting the shore can consist of just going down for the day or even extending your trip my renting out a shore house! The beach is just a place that never gets old!

2. Go hiking!

Buttermilk Falls

live.staticflickr.com

If you're not in the mood for the beach, try hiking! There are many hiking trails from the Buttermilk Falls in Layton, NJ to the Stairway to Heaven in Vernon, NJ. I personally never thought I would be a fan of hiking until I finally tried and now I love it!

3. Visit a zoo!

live.staticflickr.com

New Jersey has many zoos, such as the Turtle Back Zoo, Cape May County Park and Zoo, Popcorn Park Zoo, and many more!. The animals at these zoos will for sure make your day!

4. Take a trip to Six Flags!

Superman Rollercoaster

upload.wikimedia.org

A visit to Six Flags Great Adventure is always one that's been my favorite! The feeling on getting a rollercoaster for the first time of the season always feels like it's the first time! For those extremely hot summer days, visit Six Flags Hurricane Harbor right next door. Though the park is awesome during the summer, their Fright Fest theme makes the park 100 times more exciting!

5. Check out Liberty State Park!

live.staticflickr.com

This park holds one of the best views of the New York skyline, which is one that can never get old! The park also holds a 9/11 memorial called The Empty Sky, which are two steel walls with engravings of the 749 names of those lost during the attack.