Mindset is Power
Politics

Mindset is Power

Boost your life experience with your mind!

82
Mindset is Power

There have been times in this crazy life where I have found my mind occupying the most negative spaces. I could be stuck in traffic and be the angriest human on the road. I could be walking behind someone who is taking their time and taking in life, and I would think in my head "what are you doing! Move faster!". Frustrated with the smallest things as well as being unmotivated and believing that I don't have the capacity to achieve my most important goals. Days would go by so slow and I noticed everything that would make me angry.

This all changed when I realized that your mindset has SO MUCH power over the blessings that will manifest in your life. Here's how I thought about it… as many athletes or fitness enthusiasts know, moving up on box jumps is such a nerve racking experience but also very rewarding. If you step up the box and think in your mind "I'm not going to be able to clear this", the second your feet leave the ground, you had already decided that what you wanted wouldn't be achieved. Chances are, your feet are not going to land on that box. You will be left with scrapes and bruises on your shins and probably won't want to try it again. BUT, if you step up to that same box and say "I know that I have the power and strength to do this", that positivity is going to manifest in you, get the good adrenaline pumping, and you're most likely going to achieve that height. Positive thoughts equal positive outcomes. Negative thoughts equal more negative outcomes.

This equates to life too! If I were to be in traffic and just enjoy the things around me and know that I'm going to get where I need to be, the rest of my day probably would end up going great. I'm sure we have all been stuck in this mindset at one time or another, but what I have learned is that is not a healthy way to think and will end up being an unhealthy way to live! The way that you choose to think about situations will either leave you at peace or leave you angry and holding grudges, overall creating a negative environment for you and those around you.

My challenge to myself is to turn off that thought process whenever I feel it taking over. And that's my challenge to y'all too! It's definitely a process, but the outcomes are incredibly extraordinary. I have said this before and I will say it again… life is a HUGE learning process, take all the situations you are put in (either positive or negative) and use it to LEARN. Don't use those things to base your life off of. There is no need to define your entire existence on one mistake or maybe just one good thing that you have done. Do your best to be better every day. Have as much fun as you can, be considerate of the people around you, be a wildly refreshing presence and bright light to the people around you, and most importantly ALWAYS be yourself in this process and in the process of getting to know people.

I promise that the moment you have a grasp on the positivity around you, the outcomes of everything are going to be so overwhelmingly amazing that your whole life will change. Go out there, make the world better.