20 Millennial Stereotypes You Keep Spreading That Are Hereby Debunked

Because we absolutely do not all fit your stereotypes.

952
Christina Boniello

As shown in my last article, it's pretty obvious I'm passionate about the stereotypes that surround millennials. I've been paying even more attention to exactly what those stereotypes are and I've compiled a list debunking them, proving we're more than just our stereotypes.

1. We know how to put technology down

2. We don’t all expect to have everything handed to us

3. When we’re committed, we’re committed

4. We know how to have and maintain meaningful relationships

5. Sitting on the couch all day every day just isn’t fun, we love some outdoor adventure time

6. While we’re different than our parents’ generation, we also have a lot of similarities

7. We reach for the stars and we’re willing to work hard to get there

8. Despite not always loving our jobs, we stay loyal to our employers and actually enjoy the people we work with

9. We tend to be pretty willing to put in extra hours, cover shifts and work overtime to make sure things get done

10. We’re closer with our parents than generations in the past

11. We’re more likely to follow instructions from our employers than past generations, even when we don’t understand it

12. Because of our extensive social media and technology skills, corporations actually need us

13. We don’t expect things to come to us without hard work

14. We aren’t all snowflakes who can’t handle bad news and don’t know how to hear “no”

15. Studies show we’re actually more competitive and driven than past generations

16. We know that not everything is about us and we’re pretty great listeners

17. In a time of need, we’re great at dropping everything to be there for someone in need

18. We don’t rely solely on our parents to provide for us, we have jobs and make money to pay for the things we want

19. We’re much more alert when it comes to discrimination and we’re more likely to say something about it

20. We want to work in industries where there is opportunity move up