As A Millennial Indian Woman, Nick And Priyanka Have Given Me Dream Wedding Goals

Honestly, just wife me up already.

200
Personal

I can almost see it, me walking down the aisle with my parents on either side of me. I am wearing a dark burgundy lehnga covered in heavy gold jewelry with my makeup and hair done perfectly. As I walk down, I see my future husband waiting for me in his burgundy gold accented shirvani and as I come closer he cries. I hope to screenshot that moment and lock it away in my brain forever.

Ever since I was little I have always fantasized about getting married young. This idea is so appealing to me partly because my parents got married at an early age and seeing their successful relationship it makes me want to attain that too. My family supports me in my decision of wanting to get married early on. But my friends and I often go back and forth on this topic due to our different standpoints.

They believe in the concept of becoming independent with an established career first and then marriage. Although I believe that if I marry young I can grow together with my husband, not separately. So that when I get down he can pick me up and vice versa.

I want to struggle and face difficulties with my husband so that we build a deeper connection with each other. No matter how rough the situation will be at least I will have my support system and work through the situation with him. I want to be able to look back and see how mature we became. I don't want to be independent first and then marry because that would just take the adventure out of the marriage. I would rather prefer he holds my hand as we walk our way down this journey called life.

Plus getting married would mean a week full of Indian events leading up to the marriage. Plus all the outfits and the makeup and all the pictures I would take with my future hubby. The goal is to look like Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh, or Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas. (You already know I have a whole Pinterest page dedicated to my wedding ideas).

But until my wedding, all I can do is wait for "the one" to arrive ( and refine my wedding ideas).

Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh

Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra