My Military Relationship Was Never A Challenge, But A Test Of Love

Over the course of three and half months, I wrote about 100 letters.

355
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/14/6365663807502887971089588853_636558962839363400-1426495061_IMG_9568[1441].JPG

I never realized how much being in a military relationship would challenge me, and that is one of the reasons I know he is the one.What began as a challenge showed me there was no challenge, but just a test of love.

When we first met in 2016, a mutual friend set us up. It wasn't long after meeting each other for the first time that we fell head over heels for one another. We had discussed plans for after high school. His being the Army and mine being the College of Charleston. Not continuing our relationship, however, wasn't even in our heads. We knew that in the first few months we would realize if it was meant to be.

I didn't think much about it at first, cause it seemed far away, but came up quicker than I expected. When you left, I didn't know what exactly to do with myself besides stay busy with anything and everything. I was distracted by college, but the thought of you never left my mind.

Over the course of three and a half months, I wrote around 100 letters to you. It was a good thing that I loved to write so much because I would go on and on about everything happening at school and then another page with questions about how you were doing.

The challenge you gave me, was not only distance but a lack of communication. It became a norm and I got used to it.Then when you came home for Christmas it teased me with getting you back. That was until you returned to further your training.

When we found out the three options of where you would be stationed, and let me say that only one out of the three was realistic. I found myself growing closer to God through these times because at points it would be the only hope I had left.

I know that deployment is in the future for you, and I know that when the time comes there will be a new challenge for me to overcome but the one thing that I know for sure is that my love for you was never a challenge, but a journey. What proposed itself as a challenge, did not end up being a challenge because you support the ones you love.

Wherever the army takes you, I will be right here when you get back. Wherever my career takes me, you will be there to back me up and that is enough for me. Freshman year comes with its own challenges, and knowing that I have overcome each obstacle is one of the greatest feelings. Almost a year later of you being the army and almost a year and a half of us being together I can say I am more in love with you than ever before. With love so strong, there is nothing you can't overcome.