10 Thoughts You Have During A Mid-Term Slump As Told By "The Golden Girls"

Stan Zbornak doesn't have anything on these five to eight empty essay pages.

24

Ah, the middle of a college term. You're settled into a routine, you know the groove of your classes, and you can't for the life of you seem to get on top of your assignments. The dreaded mid-term slump has returned to weigh you down once again.

Whether you're one year into higher education or several, it is very hard to be immune to this phenomenon. Oddly enough, though "The Golden Girls" is a sitcom from the mid-1980s to early 1990s about four older women, they can be incredibly relatable. Sometimes in the duration of a mid-term slump, you find yourself giving as many sarcastic replies as Dorothy Zbornak.

1. "Wait, that was due TODAY?"

Tired Golden Girls GIF

Where's a fainting couch when I need one?

2. "To cheer myself up, I'll wake up extra early tomorrow so I can look extra cute."

Damn I'M Good Golden Girls GIF

Who needs sleep when your eyeliner is perfectly winged?

3. "I would rather have an awkward encounter with an ex than write this essay."

Golden Girls Ugh GIF

4. "I'm not sure how I walked to class; I've been zoning out for the past 10 minutes."

Golden Girls Omg GIF by HULU

I'd probably lose my head if it weren't attached to my body.

5. "This reminds me of a time from back home..."

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

Whoops, I made myself homesick again.

6. "I don't know how anyone can maintain a social life in between classes and assignments."

Laughs Uncomfortably GIF

I've been doing homework for so long that I think I forgot how to talk to other people.

7. "I am so not in the mood to deal with people today."

Golden Girls Bite Fist GIF

*cue death stare*

8. "This migraine is the cherry on top of my life right now."

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

I have enough migraine medicine to last me the next five years.

9. "I wish I had some cheesecake."

Giuliana Rancic Girls GIF

With some ice cream on top? Yes, please!

10. "How was my week? Picture it: Allen Hall, 2019. It was a stormy day outside..."

Girls Lines GIF

I'll even throw in a piece of advice at the end that's relevant to your current problem.