Ah, the middle of a college term. You're settled into a routine, you know the groove of your classes, and you can't for the life of you seem to get on top of your assignments. The dreaded mid-term slump has returned to weigh you down once again.
Whether you're one year into higher education or several, it is very hard to be immune to this phenomenon. Oddly enough, though "The Golden Girls" is a sitcom from the mid-1980s to early 1990s about four older women, they can be incredibly relatable. Sometimes in the duration of a mid-term slump, you find yourself giving as many sarcastic replies as Dorothy Zbornak.
1. "Wait, that was due TODAY?"
Where's a fainting couch when I need one?
2. "To cheer myself up, I'll wake up extra early tomorrow so I can look extra cute."
Who needs sleep when your eyeliner is perfectly winged?
3. "I would rather have an awkward encounter with an ex than write this essay."
Stan Zbornak doesn't have anything on these five to eight empty essay pages.
4. "I'm not sure how I walked to class; I've been zoning out for the past 10 minutes."
I'd probably lose my head if it weren't attached to my body.
5. "This reminds me of a time from back home..."
Whoops, I made myself homesick again.
6. "I don't know how anyone can maintain a social life in between classes and assignments."
I've been doing homework for so long that I think I forgot how to talk to other people.
7. "I am so not in the mood to deal with people today."
*cue death stare*
8. "This migraine is the cherry on top of my life right now."
I have enough migraine medicine to last me the next five years.
9. "I wish I had some cheesecake."
With some ice cream on top? Yes, please!
10. "How was my week? Picture it: Allen Hall, 2019. It was a stormy day outside..."
I'll even throw in a piece of advice at the end that's relevant to your current problem.