michigan ohio state game

To The 2018 Michigan Football Season: Thank You, Next

Like Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson, but different.

98

I cannot believe I am writing this today, November 24th, 2018. I was hoping I would be writing about the Michigan Football team sometime later in January, but life never works as planned, am I right?

Anyways, the season Michigan football team had, was utterly amazing, going on a ten game winning streak after a first-week loss to Notre Dame, trying to complete what we Michigan fans called the "Revenge Tour 2018." Having what was recognized as the number one defense in the country as of November 23rd. But we reached our breaking point, sitting pretty and confident ranked at the number four spot going into game twelve, we met our rival, Ohio State, in their stomping grounds for once again, "The Game."

Here in Columbus, Ohio, we fell apart, defensively, offensively, you name it. Our defense was rocked and blown wide open and we could not complete passes. We lost 62-39. You have to give it to Ohio State, they showed up ready to play and win, and today was just not our day. Congratulations.

But with that said, we have to look at the positives for the future of the team from this game. Right? This game should be used as a building block for next season. With a returning lineup, for the most part, we can only improve. We had a 10 game winning streak, until this point, so we do have a strong lineup. It was just a bad day. This game should be looked back at, now and in the future, with pain, regret, and want for revenge. This type of defeat should never ever be allowed to happen again.

We can change our game plan next year. We can change our offensive tactics and defensive strategies. We can enact new plays. We can come back stronger and better than ever. There is more than enough room for improvement. In order to succeed, you need to fail, and this is indeed this Michigan football team's failure. But we are not done. We are done for our run for this 2018 season, but not done as a football program. We will say "Thank you, next" to this past season, and look forward to next year's fruitful season. Do not count out the Wolverines.

We are the leaders and the best. We are the champions of the West. We hail to Michigan.

See you next year in the Big Ten Championship and National Championship. And of course, the Big House for our revenge to Ohio State in "The Game." Next year will be the year for Michigan.

As always, GO BLUE.