Michelle Obama - When They Go Low, We go High

The power of Michelle Obama's Speech

14
Google

Michelle Obama’s speech on Thursday October 13th was the most incredible and masterful speech. My goodness, all my thoughts on Donald Trump who is this so called candidate running for the President Of The United States were depicted so accurately.

We cannot and will not ignore Donald Trump's horrific and degrading words and actions. He is an insult to what it means to be a decent human being.

Watching Trump make a speech, or even open his mouth to say something makes me ultimately cringe. It makes me uncomfortable. Just like Michelle, I most certainly do NOT want a man like that to be able to take charge of the United States. "If we have a president who routinely degrades women, who brags about sexually assaulting women, then how can we maintain our moral authority in the world? How can we continue to be a beacon of freedom and justice and human dignity?"- Michelle Obama

I pray every day, that those who have been totally brainwashed and desensitized by Trump’s comments to rethink their vote. As Michelle Obama said, "Too many are treating this as just another day’s headline. As if our outrage is overblown or unwarranted. As if this is normal, just politics as usual…this is disgraceful, it is intolerable…none of us deserves this kind of abuse." I pray that we will make the right choice.

I am disgusted by his words about women, I am truly petrified and shocked that he is still running, and that he is a so called option.

Us women, us girls are powerful, intelligent, and beautiful inside and out. Capable of anything and everything we put our minds to. We are more than our bodies; we are more than what we are told we are. When I walk, or go on my daily jog in the morning, (or speed walk depending on how my knee feels) I notice how degrading and despicable it feels when I hear a man commenting on my body. I remember when I was at work, and a man felt that it was okay to go behind the bar and put his hands on my waist. I felt uncomfortable, he continued to ask me how old I was, and what I was doing later. This man was probably 40. I notified my manager. But this does not excuse the fact that this man felt it was okay to do that. Safe to say he did not respect me. Safe to say, that this is a prominent issue. So when Trump feels its okay to brag about groping and forcing himself on women; well that makes me more than mad.

On the other hand, isn’t it refreshing? A woman is running for president. Not just any “woman” though, she has devoted her life, her passion to this. If we are going to seriously have Trump as president, we are allowing the epitome of evil to power. He is an ignorant man. A man who should not become president for the satisfaction of saying, “he could do it” This is our time to eradicate the bad that is trying to destroy what we as women have fought for forever!

“{By electing Donald Trump} we’re telling all our kids that bigotry and bullying are perfectly acceptable in the leader of their country.”

So let's realize as one that we will not let this happen. I believe in the success of our country. “On November 8th (not 28th as Trump would say) we can show our children that here in America, we reject hatred and fear, and in difficult times we don’t discard our highest ideals. No, we rise up and meet them.”

“When they go low, we go high”